Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anybody here in utah that knows a place i can get my wheels fixed?i was driving to work and ran into a trench running across the street a construction company left unfilled.trench had a 4 inch drop and my 35 series tires and BOOM!now theres a nice half baseball size dent in the front and rear wheels.and they are flat

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sue the City. Have them buy new rims/tires and get a new alignment. ANd get pics of the 'trench' before it is filled.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yea run out there and take a pic before they fix it. Most cities have some kind of policy for car damage from potholes etc.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah I would suggest taking a pic (important!) and then call up the Highway department, the city, the city insurers office, water and sewer commission. I just bent a rim on a huge pothole caused by the water and sewer department supposedly. After contacting all 4 organizations and having the buck passed between them for 4 weeks I eventually got the city to pay up 300 bucks. My original claim was upwards of 750. The city road supervisor himself told me that if they can settle for less than half it makes it that much easier for their insurance adjuster to approve it. So ask high and settle for a fair price :) It's a lot of hassle but well worth it.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
yup call the town/dpw and file a complaint, if there has been a complaint about that pothole they will should reimburse you, they should either way. Also make sure to take pics of the pothole bc once I waited to long which was only a couple days later the town filled the hole and I had nothing on them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah I had to argue with the construction company doing work in the area for having to fix my rims but after all the hassle they paid half of 150.00 which is what I paid to get the bend out at a shop here locally.Big pain in the arse though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tire and Rim Insurance

When recently purchasing my '01 Onyx Black at the locla Lexus dealership, I opted to purchase the dealer offered Rim and Tire Insurance. I have Lexus Chrome rims on my car, and all what I have to do his hit a big pot hole, and voila a ruined tire and wheel.

Now that I have the insurance, I will be covered. The insurance cost me $350 over five years.Not cheal. but a lot cheaper than buying a chrome whhel and tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts