Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need your help guys...
when i slowly back up and apply me brake, i hear "click" sound from the front wheels. it happens all the time.but only in reverse.
is it because i lower the car?or is it something else? does anyone have the same problem?
should i just take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
675 Posts
That click sound is your brake pads shifting in your caliper housing. This is a normal condition with floating calipers. As the pad wears down it becomes noticable.

I am not sure what the dealer will do for your. They may put some "brake quiet" on the end tabs on the pads themselves. The click will return

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Good luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you derek, so i just need to replace my brake pads, right? i was gonna do that anyways....thanks
btw, i used to have 93 mr2 turbo...i love that car...only if i can find 95 turbo. i would get'em for sure...but 95 turbos are really rare...
anyways, thanks for your input..

I

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
I have the same thing, but it seems to be coming from the back driver side area or pass, im not sure..... I thought that break stands maybe the cause so i have quit leaving my mark for now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine did this once when I was backing my car into the garage about 10 minutes after I finished painting my calipers. (They were dry enough to move the car.) After that, it didn't happen again. I wonder why?

-David

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
happens to me when I back up as well good observation I thought I was the only one who had this problem I thought something was loose but when I looked at the caliper it was evident that there is some extra play that allows the pads to move a bit I will have it checked as a saftey inspection at the dealer they are required to do this...just to be on the safe side.........

·
8,880 Posts
I had it on my previous car.
Same thing with the IS.
Seems to be normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No need to replace the brake pads, and chances are the new ones would do it as well.

And for the record U-joints will often make a clicking noise when shifting from forward to reverse or vice versa. If they click, it is time to replace them. I don't imagine your U-joints are causing the noise though.

Desmo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts