Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need your help guys...
when i slowly back up and apply me brake, i hear "click" sound from the front wheels. it happens all the time.but only in reverse.
is it because i lower the car?or is it something else? does anyone have the same problem?
should i just take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
675 Posts
That click sound is your brake pads shifting in your caliper housing. This is a normal condition with floating calipers. As the pad wears down it becomes noticable.

I am not sure what the dealer will do for your. They may put some "brake quiet" on the end tabs on the pads themselves. The click will return

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Good luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you derek, so i just need to replace my brake pads, right? i was gonna do that anyways....thanks
btw, i used to have 93 mr2 turbo...i love that car...only if i can find 95 turbo. i would get'em for sure...but 95 turbos are really rare...
anyways, thanks for your input..

I

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
I have the same thing, but it seems to be coming from the back driver side area or pass, im not sure..... I thought that break stands maybe the cause so i have quit leaving my mark for now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine did this once when I was backing my car into the garage about 10 minutes after I finished painting my calipers. (They were dry enough to move the car.) After that, it didn't happen again. I wonder why?

-David

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
happens to me when I back up as well good observation I thought I was the only one who had this problem I thought something was loose but when I looked at the caliper it was evident that there is some extra play that allows the pads to move a bit I will have it checked as a saftey inspection at the dealer they are required to do this...just to be on the safe side.........

·
8,880 Posts
I had it on my previous car.
Same thing with the IS.
Seems to be normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No need to replace the brake pads, and chances are the new ones would do it as well.

And for the record U-joints will often make a clicking noise when shifting from forward to reverse or vice versa. If they click, it is time to replace them. I don't imagine your U-joints are causing the noise though.

Desmo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Desmo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing