Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To buy a new loaded 2002 IS 5-speed for $31K or a 1999 GS400 with 35K mi for $33?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Can't go too wrong either way! Sounds like you're gonna be one happy guy no matter what you choose, unless the GS400 turns out to be an expensive lemon...

Let us know which one you decide on.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not so sure about the GS. It's not Lexus certified and no one knows why it isn't. I'll have to do some more digging.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i'd always go with the new car... sounds "equal" but there's always some issue with a used car, be it excessive wear, or serious waranty issues, or just a lumpy seat

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't know man. That GS don't sound to bad, but just because its not certified I'd have to roll with the new IS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before I bought IS I drove a used 1998 GS 400. Fast as hell but seemed too big and unwielding around corners and the leather was slippery unlike the escaine. Very luxerious inside but not "fun" to drive like IS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I say get the IS, no worries with that. I bought a used car once, will never do it again. It had some major problems a few months down the road that cost major $$$. Rather get a new car over any used car just for the extra piece of mind. Plus the GS already has 33k miles, kind of a turnoff imho.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My sister kind of put it all into perspective. With that teenage "attitude", she looked at me and said, "How old are you?
" I'll just wait for the IS300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Todd
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing