Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this past saturday someone broke my drivers side backseat passengers window. i had a box in that back seat so i guess someone was curious to see what was in it since they ripped open the box. all i had in it was a big santa doll. it was obvious since the box had a big santa picture one it! there were 2 other cars that were also broken in. the bastards stole some items from those 2 cars, but i was lucky that they didnt steal anything from mine. well, now i have to replace my window. i want to get the orignal lexus window, but i heard it costs too much. i called some auto place and they quoted me around $100 for a replacement which sounds really good, but i still want the original lexus. maybe steve at carson toyota can get me a deal. i need to replace it asap. if anyone knows where i can get a good window replacement in SoCal or can give me any input on anything id really appreciate it!

thanks a lot guys!

Kerry

·
Registered
286 Posts
I bet Carson Toyota can help you out. I agree on OEM items from Lexus - they're way too costly. Did you get an estimate from Lexus on replacement and installation? The only good thing I can think about getting it replaced by your Lexus dealership is their warranty on the installation (??).

Good luck.

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
do you have insurance?? and it depends on the year of the car - i think if it's over two years old the insurance won't replace with original manufacturers parts - i will cost more than just the deductible if you want the lexus window.

·
8,849 Posts
Be sure to get OEM window.

I know a guy with a Civic that got an aftermarket replacement and the window tint was different colored. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
from personal experience ... make sure you get the OEM window so the tint will match all the other windows ...

also, if you are replacing driver side front window .. make sure you get done at the dealership because there is a "Pinch mechanism" that will need to retimed ... otherwise, that 'auto close' function will not work properly ..

I don't think driver side rear has that mechanism ..

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys
some person at the auto store said, for our cars, there is only a oem replacement so i dont have to worry about anything. the only replacement window there are are from lexus. can anyone clarify this? i bargained with him and he went down to $135 including installation. sounds too good to be true?? but if its not oem and the color matches perfectly should i go for it?

thanks...i love you guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts