Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok...so i am throwing my first cel code for this car and it is also causing the trac off light to blink...i have searched this forum and have not really came with straight forward answers. I took it up advanceauto today and it was shown that the code error was P1349 but underneath to "diagnose" the code it said ignition system misfire. Am i not reading the other forums correctly but i see no where on the discussion of the p1349 code of it being something to do with the plugs, or coil packs, or o2 sensor or even the fuel filter, which i would assume of of thise things would be causing a misfire....from my understanding that reading the other forums does throwing the P1349 code basically mean the car is done and gonna blow the motor soon??? please help!! :( .......READ A FEW COMMENTS BELOW FOR MY UPDATE ON THIS MATTER. lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
ok...so i am throwing my first cel code for this car and it is also causing the trac off light to blink...i have searched this forum and have not really came with straight forward answers. I took it up advanceauto today and it was shown that the code error was P1349 but underneath to "diagnose" the code it said ignition system misfire. Am i not reading the other forums correctly but i see no where on the discussion of the p1349 code of it being something to do with the plugs, or coil packs, or o2 sensor or even the fuel filter, which i would assume of of thise things would be causing a misfire....from my understanding that reading the other forums does throwing the P1349 code basically mean the car is done and gonna blow the motor soon??? please help!! :(

check your oil level

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil level is fine...i am changing it tommorow though with full synthetic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
oil level is fine...i am changing it tommorow though with full synthetic.
ok, that code is for the bank 1 vvt-i actuator, usually on a car with bad oil maintenance history or low on oil it will come on because it has bad oil pressure to it, try getting some MOA engine oil enhancer, might help, but if its misfiring, that actuator is sticking and needs to be replaced

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the actuator needs to be replaced due to sticking how much will that put me back $$ wise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...im really starting to get scared now

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok update from me but opinions from you all would be great :)...its been a few weeks and its time for an update. I picked up this IS as my new daily driver so my other cars stay in the garage (one is up for sale and the other is showcar) and that CEL code came up 3 days after getting it at the auction for a damn good deal ($6500 for an 01 with 100k miles and clean title and great body)...just letting people know and a lil update on my experience...on tuesday July 21st I changed the oil in which very well may be the first time it was changed since Nov. of last year do to it saying "NOV '08" written in sharpee on the filter lol...so i changed it with castrol high mileage and filter etc. but before doing that i ran a 6 dollar from advance auto engine cleaner/flush on it and ideled for 10 minutes shut it off and then changed the oil (i forget the name, i can find out if anyone in the future would need to know) it has now been over 2 weeks of daily driving and about 500 miles (at least) on the car and the code hasn't popped back up....do u guys think im in the clear with this whole experience because i was reading at advance auto it was a misfire...but the code number for our IS's means bad oil maintenence...knock on wood, but i personally think i might be good on this situation....hopefully and THX in advance for any comments ppl!! :)

·
27,116 Posts
If the codes don't come back... don't worry about it!

If something is really wrong... it'll light the CEL again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CEL maintenance code

ok update from me but opinions from you all would be great :)...its been a few weeks and its time for an update. I picked up this IS as my new daily driver so my other cars stay in the garage (one is up for sale and the other is showcar) and that CEL code came up 3 days after getting it at the auction for a damn good deal ($6500 for an 01 with 100k miles and clean title and great body)...just letting people know and a lil update on my experience...on tuesday July 21st I changed the oil in which very well may be the first time it was changed since Nov. of last year do to it saying "NOV '08" written in sharpee on the filter lol...so i changed it with castrol high mileage and filter etc. but before doing that i ran a 6 dollar from advance auto engine cleaner/flush on it and ideled for 10 minutes shut it off and then changed the oil (i forget the name, i can find out if anyone in the future would need to know) it has now been over 2 weeks of daily driving and about 500 miles (at least) on the car and the code hasn't popped back up....do u guys think im in the clear with this whole experience because i was reading at advance auto it was a misfire...but the code number for our IS's means bad oil maintenence...knock on wood, but i personally think i might be good on this situation....hopefully and THX in advance for any comments ppl!! :)
Hello Chris...I agree with Crester that if the CEL in your dash did not show up again, that previous code you have is now OK. To make sure, you can go to any parts dealer and let them r-scan the code for you. And when there is no code, they will confirm to you that all it needed was the oil change.

Rich

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea...its still not throwin any more...i picked up an obdII scanner last week and scanned it and nothing..i just bought the car about a month ago so it is now back to being a good "deal" lol....thx for backin up my thoughts guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts