Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals whats up.

Well I've had another irk to get rid of this CDD. I cannot do the work as I don't want to take a risk on my car. I was wondering if anyone in So Cal. would be interested in helping out a fellow ISer.

I am terrified to touch anything on these cars, as I dont want to mess anything up. Hell I needed help painting my damn brake calipers!!!!

I am currently located in the Santa Monica area on the weekends and in the Oxnard area during the week. I would drive to you, or you can come to me.

Of course, compensation. I would never expect anyone to work for free. I would of course be willing to compensate you for your time. Let me know if you're interested in helping me out, and how much you would like. Thank you very much!!!!!!

BTW I would like to do the 2002 & the 2004 if it is a noticeable improvement.
Thanks again
~Nick

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Hey thanks. I actually checked that thread out yesterday but from what Esther said, I assumed it was full. I actually have to take a class trip :( on Saturday though.

Also, its a DIY meet. As you know from working with me/my car (which I still cant believe u took your break to do so), I am soooooooo not a DIY person.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
YellowIS300 said:
^ Hey thanks. I actually checked that thread out yesterday but from what Esther said, I assumed it was full. I actually have to take a class trip :( on Saturday though.

Also, its a DIY meet. As you know from working with me/my car (which I still cant believe u took your break to do so), I am soooooooo not a DIY person.
aww, nick, you can learn to be a DIY person! :lol: i'm not handy at all either, but i learned how to do really simple things and how to help out (a tiny bit) on more complicated things. ;)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Hmmm... So tempting!!!! You guys dont even understand how nervous I get when I have to do anything to the car... Actually, Irv, I KNOW you know what I'm talking about ;) ---> (Caliper Paint X 2)

Of course it'd be on a day where I have a "requirement" to go to the Anacapa Islands for school :frustrate:

My Offer Still Stands For Everyone

·
Registered
669 Posts
irv_usc said:
i'm sure if you bring whatever part is required one of the guys can help you out
Im gonna pick up the part tomorrow for the CDD mod(Napa# 7934A) GUys lemme know how many of you guys need the part. I wouldnt mind picking up a few. (if available).

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
XxpNoisNxX said:
Im gonna pick up the part tomorrow for the CDD mod(Napa# 7934A) GUys lemme know how many of you guys need the part. I wouldnt mind picking up a few. (if available).
Hey XxpNoisNxX, can you get me that part as I will be there for the CDD mod at Irv's on Sat morning. I'll pay ya on the spot of course...

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, What Other Incentive Do I Have To Throw In To Get You People To Bite!? lol

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
YellowIS300 said:
Wow, What Other Incentive Do I Have To Throw In To Get You People To Bite!? lol
Nick - you have a place in So Cal where more than 5 people will be doing the CCD mod ALL at once.... What better place to show up to?? ;)

I know you have a conflict in your schedule for Saturday, but maybe your just not feeling well enough to go on the class trip?? :blush: j/k

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe Z said:
Nick - you have a place in So Cal where more than 5 people will be doing the CCD mod ALL at once.... What better place to show up to?? ;)

I know you have a conflict in your schedule for Saturday, but maybe your just not feeling well enough to go on the class trip?? :blush: j/k
You're very right. I am not feeling well enough and when I went into my ESRM class to explain to him how I felt (after dribbling some water onto my forehead) he said "its only 10% of your grade"

lol I took that as, YOU WILL BE THERE NO MATTER WHAT. ughh

Anyway, yeah, other than the confliction schedule, I would love to go. Sadly, I cannot.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
irv_usc said:
don't be afraid to get your hands dirty
It has nothing to do with getting my hands dirty. I detail cars -->clean the barrels of rims that havent been washed in 15,000 miles... hands are black as can be after that ;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have an extra part for the cdd from the DIY meet @ irv's place. I can do it for you. Since De showed me how its done

·
Registered
902 Posts
Stilllll need mine out, I'd love to kick a couple bills to anyone willing to to do it.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CerzTrueheart said:
anyone end up lending a helping hand?
Not one person. I'm still waiting for someone that wants to make a couple bucks and help me out.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
It takes literally a few minutes to do this.
All you need is 2 adjustable wrenches, or 2 10mm spanners.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah well De, I for one am aware of what is needed, I'm not sure about everyone else. My problem is I do not trust myself working on this car.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
YellowIS300 said:
Yeah well De, I for one am aware of what is needed, I'm not sure about everyone else. My problem is I do not trust myself working on this car.
Ok.

In my opinion it's simpler and quicker than changing the light bulbs in the car. but whatever. Someone around there can do it for you I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts