Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was parking the car and pulled too far foward going over the parking divider with the front end. Under the front lip of the car is a series of scratches. 2 questions:
1. I sthere any way to repair these?

2. I sthe front bumper cover plastic like most cars? If it is, than due to the low clearance of the front end, I think there will be many more scuff scratches to come.

Graphite/Black Fully Loaded

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have gardeners come on Thursdays.

I always avoid parking in my driveway on that day so they don't blast my new IS300 with the leafblower.

Thursday this week was Thanksgiving so they didn't come (but they didn't tell me that they were not coming that day).

I parked in my driveway on Thursday night.
I woke up Friday morning to the sound of a power lawnmower... When I went outside I saw that they had nicked my paint with the hedgetrimmer as they trimmed the hedge next to my car

It is a very minor little chip on the side of the bumper (exposing gray plastic underneath), but still - THIS IS THE FIRST DING ON MY IS300 - needless to say, I was pissed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
TEG, Make em pay for it.

Bumper scratches, I have the same problem with my LS400. For some reason the front bumper is much lower than any car I've ever had before and I rub it on parking curbs every once in a while. Luckily I have the air suspension and make it a habit to switch it to high before I pull forward into a space.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jaws i see you to hve fallen to the dreaded wife syndrom. My wife has the nasty habit of pulling up to every car at light and power braking the car. Kinda cool to some degree, but with the cost of some of these tires her addiction is going to get expensive. With me testing the cars limits and her doing burn out next to any import or domestic she deems worthy my tread patterns never looked so bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts