Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching. But for some unknown reason. I can't seem to get anything on my screen when using the search. It's say done but nothing shows up. Anyway guys in the past week. I just got into a car accident. I was wondering where I can get 1 of the big bracket and the air filter. The auto body shop is having problems find the 5 inch filter and brackets. He called me asking where I got it from. I gave the phone number to him from SRT website. But I wonder why they are still having problem getting it? Or do they not sell the air filter and brackets separately.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Ti-Lex said:
I've tried searching. But for some unknown reason. I can't seem to get anything on my screen when using the search. It's say done but nothing shows up. Anyway guys in the past week. I just got into a car accident. I was wondering where I can get 1 of the big bracket and the air filter. The auto body shop is having problems find the 5 inch filter and brackets. He called me asking where I got it from. I gave the phone number to him from SRT website. But I wonder why they are still having problem getting it? Or do they not sell the air filter and brackets separately.
Call [email protected] SRT

I did it and he shipped the next day and I had it in a week

5 in? WTF are you talking about there

The filter is a 3" opening not 5" (may be a 5" around cone, not the opening)

What bracket are you looking for?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for the confusion. They needed to replace the bracket that holds onto the air filter.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Ti-Lex said:
sorry for the confusion. They needed to replace the bracket that holds onto the air filter.

Its just a 3-5" hose clamp, look @ the hardware store or autozone....

They are a universal product

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the info. But what about the heat shield? Is it still needed. So it doesn't throw off the MAF?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Ti-Lex said:
Alright thanks for the info. But what about the heat shield? Is it still needed. So it doesn't throw off the MAF?

yes you will need the heatshield, and I am not sure if SRT will sell it seperate from the whole package

Call SRT

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks IMPRIMIS. I'll give them a call to see what they can do. Peace

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Ti-Lex said:
Thanks IMPRIMIS. I'll give them a call to see what they can do. Peace

Thank you :lol:

I find it easier to call or email than to ask here....

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
het the filter directly from afe. cheaper than getting from srt!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
mikefate said:
het the filter directly from afe. cheaper than getting from srt!

This is true, but they need a part number (plus SRT switched filter sizes)

I had 1 filter size, called and they sent me a newer larger filter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts