Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please.I recently bought a pair of lexus is300 headlight but now i see it doesn't fit on my toyota altezza.Did somebody already done it.what must i do.Please help

·
Registered
703 Posts
Help please.I recently bought a pair of lexus is300 headlight but now i see it doesn't fit on my toyota altezza.Did somebody already done it.what must i do.Please help

Yes they should fit just fine

What kind of "issue" are you running into?

in the US IS300 owners put the Altezza lights on, they are virtually the same car

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the issues or when i try to install it the low beam socket is bigger than my oem one cause is for a hid system that i know but because of this it comes against the lamp bracket at the back.And i thing some kind of electronic motor to(don't know what that is) to and than you also have the screw holes don't match so i going crazy now.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
no it does not fit fine. people in the US have to make changes they just don't tell you

you need to modify your attachment points because the Altezza lights are shorter, and they usually do not come with HID only special edition ones

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it does not fit fine. people in the US have to make changes they just don't tell you

you need to modify your attachment points because the Altezza lights are shorter, and they usually do not come with HID only special edition ones
So can anybody tell me what i can do.Must i make modification to my fender or something

·
Registered
316 Posts
i had to modify my fender so my lights can fit because i accidentally got a "jdm" fender when i was repairing..

·
Registered
164 Posts
yes, just modify the things I marked in this pic

I wanted to change my non Xenon headlights to xenon ones, but I was afraid of changing this...Now I'm ready to do this, but sold my xenon headlights :(

·
Registered
353 Posts

I wanted to change my non Xenon headlights to xenon ones, but I was afraid of changing this...Now I'm ready to do this, but sold my xenon headlights :(
Lexus is200... what engine is that? i never knew... my altezza has the beams but when i looked at a couple of is200 i dunno what engine that is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thank god.Thanks everybody,really

·
Registered
1 Posts
Along the same line.....Lexus quoted me $357 for my 2001 IS300 HID bulb. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate and where else besides the dealer where I can find these bulbs? Thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Along the same line.....Lexus quoted me $357 for my 2001 IS300 HID bulb. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate and where else besides the dealer where I can find these bulbs? Thanks!
There are plenty of HID bulb replacements in D2R size

Just look around on the net, could even upgrade

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts

um what? i never had to modify anything to install JDM headlights on the US car. just the wiring for the bulbs.

anyway for the OP you will need to wire up the HID ballast if you want that to work. the motor is the autoleveling motor which keeps the HID level while you are driving around.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
um what? i never had to modify anything to install JDM headlights on the US car. just the wiring for the bulbs.

anyway for the OP you will need to wire up the HID ballast if you want that to work. the motor is the autoleveling motor which keeps the HID level while you are driving around.
david told me you had to do something with the fender mounting point to install his lights, no? like the screws were too short, but he never told me exactly because he didn't know

1 - 20 of 37 Posts