Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
anyone got a new bumper? my friend hit a big rock while he backed up his new silver IS. part of the paint fell off (size of a fist) and there's a little dent... the body shop says he needs a new bumper! he'll need to have his car in for 3 days and it'll take 10 hours of labor... cost=$700.00 (part and labor)
does it sound reasonable? the shop is probably one of the best here in seattle but under what situation does he need a new bumper? and is 10 hrs of labor and a new bumper worth 700? also..3 days? why can't the shop just order the bumper, paint it (since they have the color code) and just have my friend come in and install it? can they do that? any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by 99V6Coupe:
Hi,
anyone got a new bumper? my friend hit a big rock while he backed up his new silver IS. part of the paint fell off (size of a fist) and there's a little dent... the body shop says he needs a new bumper! he'll need to have his car in for 3 days and it'll take 10 hours of labor... cost=$700.00 (part and labor)
does it sound reasonable? the shop is probably one of the best here in seattle but under what situation does he need a new bumper? and is 10 hrs of labor and a new bumper worth 700? also..3 days? why can't the shop just order the bumper, paint it (since they have the color code) and just have my friend come in and install it? can they do that? any help is appreciated...

that's a little steep - i got a quote from the Lexus body shop for $720 CANADIAN - that's about $475 USD for parts and labour... hope this helps

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
fuq that! take the opportunity and get a kit it'll be damn cheaper and look nice...i think u can get it factory painted color if you order from japan...even though the bumpers are smaller...

BTW i scraped my friggin rim today >(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help. now i know this board only welcomes topics that can start flames... when it comes to real help like this...you can't expect much.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
One of my friends was rear ended and had some paint damage to the rear bumper. He had his done for $300. Looks great.

Side Note:
If you look at the bumper of the car, you will see that the bumper is actually not matched to the body color. They are slighly different. For some reason, they come like this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts