Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to disconnect the battery while in winter storage. Battery was drained all the way i had to get a boost. Same day the traction, VSC and check engine light came on. Can anyone help me as to what the problem may be? thank you. It is a IS 350 2006. I did a burn out today and the car went sideways and it feels like the breaking has changed. Seems like the break assists no longer works. I have tried resetting ECU few times and the lights always come back. Thank you.

-Snake

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got your PM and replied...!

Check your voltage of your battery, a replacement might be needed.

Hoping it's just this simple... good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have an '06 is350 also and the same lights came on a few weeks ago. had it checked by my mechanic and he found that i had a faulty catalytic converter code p0430. took it to the dealer and it was fixed for free. it was still under the federal emissions warranty 8/80. now it runs great! have only 35,000 miles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the battery it was at 12.6 and over 14 when it was on so that is fine. I am now hoping it is the gas cap LOL. I noticed when i opened it i did not hear that vacuum sound. I am hoping that is the problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gas cap usually triggers the CEL only... but never know.

Maybe you're having the same issue like atv1953, a faulty catalytic converter. Get your mechanic to pull the code just to confirm.

Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found out today that one of the wires that leads to the battery ( postive side ) was not connected. So i connected it and all the lights went away only for it to return about a hour or so later. Now i am trying to reset the ECU with any luck the codes just needed to clear? But somehow I don't think it will be that easy. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok here is a update. I got the car scanned and here is the codes p0171 and p0174. I have a CAI Injen Intake on it. I remember it would make a cool hissing sound sometimes around the same RPM but now as soon as this problem happened I don't hear that sound at all. P0171 and P0174 is related to the intake system. Here is a list of possible problems that it could be.

1) Air Induction System
2)Injector Blockage
3) MAF
4) ECT Sensor
5) Fuel Pressure
6) Gas Leakage On Exhaust System
7) Open or Short In Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 or 2 Sensor 1 Circut
8) Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 or 2 Sensor 1
9) PCV
10)ECM

I have also researched why and how the Injen intake i have make that hissing sound as i think the 2 problems are related. This is what I found.

"Normally the sound comes from the idle air control valve solenoid or when
the air passes through the throttle body plate when it is slightly open causing the air
to whistle."

So now i am thinking it could be the problem is The throttle body plate . I have no idea what a air control valve solenoid is.

On the second time doing a scan I got a code CO 300. I have no idea what that is . Anyone know what a code CO 300 is?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fixed the problem it was a dirty MAP sensor. I took out the MAF sensor and cleaned it with electric spray. I repeated that step 4 times until i noticed it wasn't giving off anymore dirty on the paper towel while letting it dry. After installing it i reset the battery and the lights went away and never came back. O BTW makes sure to put a thin layer of oil around the MAP sensor after reinstalling to give it a nice seal to prevent dirty from getting in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're very fortunate that the solution was fairly simple. I bought an 08 IS350 with 30k miles a month ago and I had these lights come on Sunday night. Long story short, I'm getting a new engine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. Yes i feel lucky considering I am out of the warrenty. Good thing I tried it myself. The shop I go 2 was getting ready to milk me out of cash. He was like it doesn't need cleaning with electric cleaner just let me get a new part for you and we will install it. Good thing i did it myself saved good money and i'm very happy right now. The next step is to get a trottle body cleaning done and i want to learn how to do that myself also. Can't be that hard. If you guys know any do it your self links for trottle body cleaning let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
by the way I had the same problem with the battery once, it died after getting tints done, and after a boost check engine and VCS came on, but they disappeared the next day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts