Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a akt 5z muffler (not cat back) just rear section. I got a ticket, however when I first got it, they said that it would be carb cert, but not for a while. Where can I check to see if it is legal or not..

I know when my friend got his greddy, they provided him with a carb cert paper if he got pulled over.

any help on this?

thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
IF they told you it's gonna be a while before they get it CARB certified then don't hold your breath. Call the manufacturer, if they can't send you a CARB CERT you are SOL. You didn't cut your stock muffler did you? If you did then you're gonna need to get a CARB legal exhaust or find a stock exhaust and use it for the visual inspection. You're gonna have to bite the bullet and pay on this oneIMO that is.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I see many people that are so worried about being carb legal... so what about those turboed IS300's? What do they plan to do when time comes for a smog check... i am sure not everyone has hookups at the smog center.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Aznmojo said:
I see many people that are so worried about being carb legal... so what about those turboed IS300's? What do they plan to do when time comes for a smog check... i am sure not everyone has hookups at the smog center.

anyone ? :cry:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't wait until I have to test again next year, then I have 4 years to do mods. It is hard to find people to pass it for me, I used to know a guy that would do it for 200 bucks, but no longer.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
LStyleIS said:
I have a akt 5z muffler (not cat back) just rear section. I got a ticket, however when I first got it, they said that it would be carb cert, but not for a while. Where can I check to see if it is legal or not..

I know when my friend got his greddy, they provided him with a carb cert paper if he got pulled over.

any help on this?

thanks
i wouldn't worry so much...the cops can do whatevr they want, but if you go to court and tell them it's just a muffler...they really can't do anything. let's put it this way...if that flew...then EVRYONE who went to midas can get a ticket as wel.

the law is more for sound levels...and i believe that muffler would comply...

these are just my opinions by the way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts