Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went out this friday.. everything was good.. i didnt even abuse my car.. drove it good during the day.. and the next morning on saturday morning i went to turn on ma car for work.. and it cranks but just wont turn on.. its got me baffled on what possibly could have happend over night. any suggestions? has this ever happend to anyone.. ? i got a injen intake and pro 1 headers and y pipe.. but i doubt any of that caused it.. ive had them on for a while with no problems.. seems more like an electrical problem or something. i really dont know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i hear a buzzing sound from the motor from where the tps sensor is that.. anyone had this problem.. it only does it when i turn the key to acc.. maybe cuz i dont got an o2 sim and i got headers and y pipe. and intake.. maybe somehow it messed up the motor or sensor over time? what happens when one of those things mess up?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i cant really hear when i turn on the car cuz im inside.. ill have to get someone else.. but the only souns i hear so far is a buzzing sound.. and when i unclip it.. it turns off..

·
Registered
483 Posts
i thinks its your starter..if you get a buzzing sound..if you hear a ticking or clicking noise its ur battery, but that buzz thing really sounds like a starter, do you have a manual or automatic?

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah, what danny said. I only ask if you hear the ticking noise because i had the same problem. Only the ticking would be loud and you'd be able to hear from inside and outside of the car. But it may be the starter like danny said.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
went out this friday.. everything was good.. i didnt even abuse my car.. drove it good during the day.. and the next morning on saturday morning i went to turn on ma car for work.. and it cranks but just wont turn on.. its got me baffled on what possibly could have happend over night. any suggestions? has this ever happend to anyone.. ? i got a injen intake and pro 1 headers and y pipe.. but i doubt any of that caused it.. ive had them on for a while with no problems.. seems more like an electrical problem or something. i really dont know.
Get a DMM digital multi meter and check your starter. Check the resistance in your wires there should be .5 volts max on the hot side and .2 volts on the ground side. check your starter voltage drop also, have someone crank it while you check.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Found Out It Is The Tps Sensor.. Im Hoping I Get It Back Today.. So The Mechanic Said He Has To Change The Tps Sensor.. And From Their Hell Be Able To Check If Anything Else Is Wrong With It.. But That Is The Problem So Far..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ummmmmm, a TPS will not stop the car from starting. It might run like sh!t or idle like sh!t but it should still start. Even started and even driven cars with the TPS disconnected while i was working on them. Only 3 things make you not start, no fuel, no spark, or no compression. Everything else just makes it run like crap.

BUN

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yhea well mine must have been really mest up or really off.. but for sure its got to be a new thing added to the reason a car not beeing able to start.. cuz that was the only problem my car had.. just got it back today.. and its up and running so im happy..

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
TPS? I don't think that will cause it not to start. I'm thinking you got no spark when you start. Oh well GL

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TPS? I don't think that will cause it not to start. I'm thinking you got no spark when you start. Oh well GL
WELL THATS THE POINT.. I WOULDNT GET NO SPARK.. THEREFORE THE CAR WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO START/TURN ON.. THEREFORE IN CONCLUSION BECAUSE THE TPS SENSOR WAS NOT WORKING ON MY CAR IT WOULD NOT START.. HAHA NOW THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.. BUT THANKS..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts