Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in planning on buy a is300 as my first car and they giving me the car for a good price the only problem is the car start but not rev, the owner is a woman and she told me she all ready change the throttle body and injectors, also the computer and the car still the same can someone tell me how bad is the problem and if is gonna be expensive to fix? I want that car so bad :(

·
Registered
378 Posts
So in planning on buy a is300 as my first car and they giving me the car for a good price the only problem is the car start but not rev, the owner is a woman and she told me she all ready change the throttle body and injectors, also the computer and the car still the same can someone tell me how bad is the problem and if is gonna be expensive to fix? I want that car so bad :(
The lack of detail in describing the vehicles problem is problematic in and of itself. If you provide more information about what's going on, you'll receive more help about the situation

So, the engine turns over, cool. When you state: "but not rev", are you trying to say that you're unable to get above 1000 RPM?

If so, is there a check engine light illuminated on the dash? If so, which is likely, you'll need to read the codes, and report back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
More info would be great. If you provide the cars mileage and how much the car is for sale for im sure people here can tell you if its actually a good deal or not.

Also definitely scan the car if you can before buying it even if you have to buy or borrow a scanner and see if there are any codes and then go from there.
If it shows no codes then see if the majority of the monitors arent in a ready position and that means someone probably cleared the codes before hand which could mean theyre trying to hide the problem from buyers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts