Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone~ I'm new to this forum. I'm finally getting my IS250 this sat!:bigSmile: I'm planning to do some mod on this car. I want to get a lowering spring + a body kit. I think I'm getting the factory lowering spring which will drop my car 1 inch. And I'm also thinking to get the Ings bodykit. But the thing is I'm afraid that my car won't be able to go through bumps, parking lots, and driving during the winter (I live in Calgary, the road here is not so frdly, esp during winter). I use this car as a daily drive, so I really want to make sure putting that bodykit on and drop it 1 inch is alright for daily driving. Should I drop the car? or just get the body kit? Anyone here can help me out?? anyone who lives in Alberta has dropped their car or adding bodykits on their car?

·
Registered
362 Posts
where in alberta.... Edmonton can be prity brutal on lowered cars and if the body kit goes lower then its more of an issue...
Calgary seams to be ok for kited and lowered cars

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Calgary is ok but you have to know where your going and what kinda of parking lot or something like you might have to get into. My car was pretty low. I got around calgary just find. Edmonton is a whole other story though. I was tucked in the front a little bit on my IS300. The ings bodykit it pretty low as well. You should be ok on the factory drop. Just takes some getting use to, and the learning curve is steep.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I wouldn't go any lower than 1.5"

I have 2.5" on my 250 and it's okay except the rear end tends to catch things all the time. Also mid-frame seem to scrape too but the front is perfectly fine, never scraped the front once.

Is it me or am I tired of seeing the INGS kit? But it's your choice, I would do wheels and drop first and foremost cause INGS kit with stock wheels will just look like shit IMO.

And if you winter drive, I definitely would not recommend the INGS kit unless youm plan on removing the kit during winter or have a set of stock bumpers for winter. Lower and wheels will do just fine, then at least you have stock wheels for winter driving and I wouldn't worry about driving a lowered vehicle in winter, I drive my 250 in winter too and remember I have no clearance.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
As mentioned by others... I think a 1 inch drop is really subtle and shouldn't cause you too much headaches. I have a 1 inch drop spring which was made a bit lower by the Bilstein shocks... but I have no real issues when driving. ~1 inch will close up wheel gaps... but will not make your car look "slammed/dumped". I believe that even for the IS250's... the factory springs are still made by Eibach. Oddly enough... I think the warranty is better if you buy Eibach branded ones as opposed to Lexus/Toyota branded ones.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Hmm I was thinking about doin a 1 inch drop in the summer.

I wanna see what your car looks like on thursday crester :)

Reactions: Josh300

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
redline... 1" is nice if you want to close the wheel gaps and not have issues when driving down the road. There's a really steep ramp going into an underground parking garage near Sheppard and Bayview... and I have no problems with it. Sadly I can see scuff mark in the ground from other cars bottoming out.

Thing is tho you won't look "slammed". If you want the wheels tucked in... then you need to look else where. TEIN and Eibach SPORTLINES are some companies that can give that look. But there are a number of people who do "practical mods" to their car who've put on the Sportlines only to realize they are too low for things they come across during their daily drives.

I was showing my car to my friend with a BMW 3-series... and he was commenting that my car with springs looked like his stock... and he was right. On his 3-series the rear wheel is almost tucked into the fender with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Dont want it to look slammed, Just wanna close up that lil wheel gap and still be able to use my car as a daily driver.

What springs do you have?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I was just looking at some photos I took before I put the springs on. 1" isn't a huge drop... but it sure cleans up the look of the car in comparison to stock ride height!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
sweet, Imma do a bit of research b4 I buy my set for the summer. Cant wait to see your car tonight =P

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
1. Drop
2. Rims
3. Kit
What she said.

Drop with stock rims and no kit looks fine.

Rims with no drop looks awkard, especially the rear where you can put a fist in vertically!!!

Kit with stock wheels and no drop looks gay in a bad dealer option way.

Then ...

Drop and Rims looks classy.

Drop with kit and stock rims looks a bit awkard.

Kit is last as drop with rims looks good with or without kit.

Reactions: Josh300 and LEXIGRL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone for helping me out~:)
crester thx! i don't really want my car to look "slammed", just wna close the wheel gap and keep the stock ride comfort~ so I think I'm getting the factory lowering spring~ 1 inch is enough for me=)
Johnny ur right! I'm gna give it a drop first, then rims, and maybe a front lip if I'm not broke by then kaka=D

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks everyone for helping me out~:)
crester thx! i don't really want my car to look "slammed", just wna close the wheel gap and keep the stock ride comfort~ so I think I'm getting the factory lowering spring~ 1 inch is enough for me=)
Johnny ur right! I'm gna give it a drop first, then rims, and maybe a front lip if I'm not broke by then kaka=D
Dude, post some pics when you get the springs installed!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Supershyguy... if you'd like... go ahead and post some pics of the kits you offer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts