Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had great luck with this site http://www.autobulbdepot.com

I bought myself a pair of Hipers... the best balance between "blue" and "yellow" IMO... they look whiter without looking fake if you know what I mean.

cheers,
-Alt

------------------
Ashraf Shabudin / Ampman Audio Marketing Director, TeamAMP Director

·
Registered
591 Posts
Anybody know why someone would want to change the REAL XENON headlights to some cheap,toy looking Blue Lights

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by smra:
Anybody know why someone would want to change the REAL XENON headlights to some cheap,toy looking Blue Lights
If you bothered reading cruznis300's entire post, he stated, "I'm thinking of just replacing the daytime running."

The daytime running lights are not xenon and if he felt like switching his HID's with christmas tree lights, more power to him/her.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
51 Posts
I replaced my DRL's with PIAA super white 9005's (aka HB3's) for about $64. Been using their bulbs and lights in all my cars for a few years now because they're one of few manufacturers of street legal bulbs out there.

They also make an HID "type" bulb with a much more noticeable blue HID tint, but don't know if they're street legal. They're not bad, but are expect to pay about twice as much as for the regular super white 9005's.

Originally posted by cruznis300:
Anybody know what is a good type of blue headlight?? I'm thinking of just replacing the daytime running. I've seen a few posts from people who have done it. What's the number of the bulb it takes ex 9004, 9005

·
Registered
591 Posts
Blue DRLs???

Thats Even Worse

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
341 Posts
Originally posted by ZippyIS:
I replaced my DRL's with PIAA super white 9005's (aka HB3's) for about $64.
Was this a self install? How difficult is that?

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver

·
Registered
163 Posts
the installation should take about less than 5 min...
easy job...
unplug... twist... then put the new one in... then plug it
thats all...
easy job...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wait a sec... so is the DRL bulb a 9005 or a 9006? Don't these numbers represent the type of bulb or fitment??

Please let me know...

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
163 Posts
9005 type...
if you are looking at PIAA's... it will be...
PIAA Platinum Series Super White HB3 60 Watt... 9005 head lamp replacement bulb... performs like a 110 watt bulb... (model no. H-82E, part no. 19605)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
Zoku
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing