Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 Red Is300
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these headlights and there's a socket for the high beams but there's no socket for the main light/blinkers. Do I have to buy a different headlight connector or is there is a socket I could adapt onto it. Need to fix this before I get pulled over for not having front blinkers.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
743 Posts
It looks like the signal connector is the top connector closest to where the actual signal would be at. As far as the Low beam goes, pop off that big black cover (it probably spins off) and see if there are wires in there for a provided bulb and trace those wires to a connector.

Reactions: Dylbo

·
Mr. Roo
9,822 Posts
The lights say they come without bulbs. The high beam is covered with a piece of paper, so you remove that and put the old bulb in. Same with the two signal lights on the side, there are plastic "dummy" bases in there that you twist and remove out, and then insert the original base/sockets in there. For the low beam, you twist and pry off that huge bowl, and remove the cover on the bottom to put in the ballast and bulb. You'll have to reuse ALL the wiring and bulbs/parts from your stock head lights.

·
Registered
02 Red Is300
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good looks, I guess my mechanic didn't realize that bowl had to be taken out to put in the stock sockets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts