Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking online for days now, and the only size I can find these wheels for a good price is 18x8.5 +35, will these tires fit on an is with a 1.3" drop in the front and a 1.6" drop in the rear? Could I use a spacer on the front or something, or what. This is the first set of rims that I am trying to buy and I had no idea how ignorant I was to wheel size/fitment. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
+35 offset is too low. You'll want to go with a higher offset, AT LEAST a +45 which will still rub in the front, unless you go with a skinny tire. +48 offset would be ideal for the front.

or.

go with your idea of a spacer...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the same wheels in 18x8.5's +35 in the rear with 245/40/18's. I'm cambered to about -2.5 degrees in the rear on both sides. It only rubs in VERY hard cornering WITH passengers AND junk in the trunk. I'm rolled on the left and shaved on the right.

I was told "no, it won't work" 85% of the time, but it's just fine. Just be prepared to buy tires more frequently.

My front wheels are currently 18x7.5 +48 with 225/40/18 tires.

Advice: get rolled or shaved if you want to fit anything lower than +40, especially on a 8.5 width wheel.

Check my signature for pics of how they look. I was dropped on S-Techs, which is about the drop you're asking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts