Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone help me.i've been in a accident with my is300 but now it is fix.But my abs light is still on and the shifter is going in drive etc until you press the release buttom.Doe anybody know whats wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
My first thought is that whoever bodyshop fixed the car did not reset the abs light. Take it back to them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first thought is that whoever bodyshop fixed the car did not reset the abs light. Take it back to them.
actually it is my friend.but he doesn't know.he only does body fix.Do you maybe know how to reset the abs light.The airbag light is also on and i already bought new sencors and the airbag didn't pop opened so thats another problem.Can anybody help me

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you try unplugging the battery for 20mins.? I also heard resetting the ecu by unplugging that as well. When you open the hood it's located to the right of the radiator in a black box. You must take 3 bolts off it to remove the lid & will see the silver ecu to the left side in the box. Unplug that along with your battery. I hope it solves your issue or you may have to go have the code erased by a service shop.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Seriously will you people stop telling people to unplug the battery to reset these freaking lights!!!!!!!!!!!!! One that's not good for the car, two all that does is mask a problem. There should never be a need to reset any light in your car, if the problem isn't there or if it's fixed it will reset itself. I know everyone here hates it when i say take the car to a mechanic, but take it to a mechanic maybe a lexus tech. For ABS and SRS lights you need a special scanner to check the problem and god forbid clear the light. What kind of accident was it, maybe it's something simple like the abs sensor or wire being severed and maybe one of the SRS sensors up front is out of whack.

Sorry for freaking out but seriously people stop pulling the battery, if you're too cheap to buy a scanner or take your car to a mechanic with a scanner at the very least just pull the fuse for the comp and not the whole battery cable. It does the same thing but with less potential damage.

BUN

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try unplugging the battery for 20mins.? I also heard resetting the ecu by unplugging that as well. When you open the hood it's located to the right of the radiator in a black box. You must take 3 bolts off it to remove the lid & will see the silver ecu to the left side in the box. Unplug that along with your battery. I hope it solves your issue or you may have to go have the code erased by a service shop.
i already try resetting my ecu.But still after that my airbag & abs lihts are on.The shifter wont move to unless i push the release buttom.i dont know what to do.in my country there arent much service shops,can somebody please tell me what to do

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously will you people stop telling people to unplug the battery to reset these freaking lights!!!!!!!!!!!!! One that's not good for the car, two all that does is mask a problem. There should never be a need to reset any light in your car, if the problem isn't there or if it's fixed it will reset itself. I know everyone here hates it when i say take the car to a mechanic, but take it to a mechanic maybe a lexus tech. For ABS and SRS lights you need a special scanner to check the problem and god forbid clear the light. What kind of accident was it, maybe it's something simple like the abs sensor or wire being severed and maybe one of the SRS sensors up front is out of whack.

Sorry for freaking out but seriously people stop pulling the battery, if you're too cheap to buy a scanner or take your car to a mechanic with a scanner at the very least just pull the fuse for the comp and not the whole battery cable. It does the same thing but with less potential damage.

BUN
it was a frontage damage till the fans, followed by a water damage :(.
But not much water.One of the airbag sensor was broken which i replace but i dont know about the abs.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No ABS and SRS requires a special computer to check and erase codes, they run off a different computer. An OBD2 scanner only reads the PCM and not the other comps.

BUN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts