Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just changed my engine air filter on my 08 is250 for the first time myself.

My only concern was that after replacing the filter I positioned the top part and put the clasps back on I noticed that the top cover is not flush with the bottom cover. What I mean is that there is a "lip" of sorts between the top and bottom covers. I stupidly did not check if this is how it normally is before I took it off so looking for input from you guys here.

Since this was the first time I have done this I was a bit concerned.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Um...just redo it...doesn't take but 5 minutes...I believe everything should close up nice and snug...better safe than sorry...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um...just redo it...doesn't take but 5 minutes...I believe everything should close up nice and snug...better safe than sorry...
All the clasps closed properly. I just noticed the lip so wondered if anyone else noticed it too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I noticed it when I changed mine last week...did engine and inside glove box filter...was putting everything back together and noticed it wasn't closing perfectly...had to fiddle around with it until it was flush and perfect...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah I noticed it when I changed mine last week...did engine and inside glove box filter...was putting everything back together and noticed it wasn't closing perfectly...had to fiddle around with it until it was flush and perfect...
Do you mean the top and bottom parts of the engine air filter have no lip? If you run your finger around the joint of the two parts is there a lip?

The clasps went back on so I am assuming this means I did it right? Would you mind checking on yours to see if there is a lip between upper and lower?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts