Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are lookin for a SFI approved helmet, this is for NHRA racing.

my main q is where to get one

also can this helmet be used for Auto X and race tracks?

David

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Rating SF1 is for racing suits, not for helmets. For any kind of track racing (NHRA, road racing, autox, karting) a Snell SA95+ is required. Depending on some clubs, you can get away with a motorcycle helmet (Snell M95+). As you may already know, the SA95+ (or Special Applications) helmets have a nomex (fire retardant) lining and is also resistant to multiple impacts. The M95+ is only for (1 impact, no nomex lining).

Hope this clarifies things.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dave, check out Frey Racing in Fremont. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and they had a display case full of them.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but i can use them for all events?

David

·
Registered
180 Posts
is300soon said:
but i can use them for all events?

David
With the SA2000 rating you can use it in any competition related event (e.g. karting, drag racing, autoxing, road racing, etc.). Check with the sponsoring club if in doubt. Some might even let you use a motorcycle helmet.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
there's a couple SA2000 helmets on ebay right now and usally always some. The best bet is going to an online retailer that specializes in track type stuff like autocross and road course stuff.

Although they don't have every brand they have a descent selection and pics of the helmets on www.soloracer.com

http://www.soloracer.com/helmets.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts