Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forums.

im thinking about an is and selling my 328. i think i want an 01(still in high school, and is in budget). how is the reliability? what all do i need to know before going out on my search to buy one....

thank you

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have an 01'...love it...but I wouldn't set your heart on only an 01'...I don't think it'll save you much money in the end...but then again, your in high school and can afford to buy a BMW or a Lexus...so you must be pretty good on saving/using your money wisely...

Umm, as far as advice when searching...I would take it for a test drive and check how well the gears are shifting...other than that I don't know, guess the obvious stuff like dents and scratches...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome:bigSmile:

It's been covered a hundred times, but there really aren't tons of issues with these cars even at high mileage. My 02 has nearly 90k and no issues except the fuel door release stuck this morning. That's probably a result of all the salt on the roads this winter, not sure...Look for the things you would in any used car. Any signs of mistreatment, e.g. really worn carpet, filthy engine bay, severely cracked leather, etc...In terms of mechanics, this car should still feel tight at relatively high mileage. There aren't many recurrent issues other than the stock CD changer being a POS. It sounds OK for factory, but the changer will die on you - only a matter of time. Mechanically, the car is sound. Find one that has been serviced and well cared for, and you should be fine.

p.s. Try the search function and you will find several threads covering this that have more info than I've given you, but this is the gist of it.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Look here
http://my.is/forums/f68/what-should-i-look-used-is300-340658/
Also, get to know the FAQ section in the top bar of this forum.
Use the search button and then if you seriously cannot find what you are looking for then ask valid questions and you will get valid answers. Don't start alt-nics to try to get away from neg rep cause you will be found out and it's just going to get worse for you.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Haha this is the sam guy that started that thread? Haha Wow!
and he tried to play it off as a newbie.... oh hi.. im new to the forums... LMAO

if he had just been honest and said he got off on the wrong foot.. different story.. i love how people think they are so smart only to later realize how dumb they really are...

Reactions: StevenST
1 - 11 of 11 Posts