Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for letting me be a part of this community, I have much to learn and discuss about this baby. I have here a 2006 Is 350 #9601 that I bought 2 months ago after a long search. I'm a mechanic by trade and I knew Lexus was the way to go after owning a 02 ES300. Great quality and well thought out engineering wise. Easy to work on, far easier than most newer vehicles. (I won't even touch European cars anymore, ICK) What I didn't expect when I bought this is how suprisingly quick it is for being stone stock with 160k on the clock. I live in the rust belt and as per usual it needed some help right away. I welded the exhaust leaks from around where the heat shields clamp on. The rear caliper pins were beyond frozen so I bought all new slotted and drilled rotors, rear calipers and pads all around. Replaced the plugs and leaking valve cover gaskets. Installed LED interior bulbs because I can't stand yellow, outdated lighting. restored the faded headlight lenses that I plan to replace this spring with a modern update. Are the V-land lights any good? Other than that it's a super nice car. I gave it a good wax job, but could really use some paint correction and a good buffing. Interior is mint and has the navigation system with an amazing stereo. I'm excited to own this car and can't wait to get it out of storage come spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts