Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am considering to get an IS300
It's gonna be 01. my first choice is white, then blk/gray and silver.
should not be a hard deal.

But this is the problem. What do i need to look for?
i know some comes with some nice 17s and some with like smaller wheels.
I will get HREs regardless, but besides the wheel is there any major difference in suspension or ride height etc.
Is it a sports pkg? Also do all IS300 come with HID. I must have that.

please advise.

·
Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
All US IS300s have HID

The 16in wheels you see are winter rims

The 17in rims you see are summer rims

A SportDesign package was available in '03 but all the enhancements are cosmetic.. no different ride height, suspension, etc. There was no sport for '01.

Hope you get a great deal... and welcome to IS300.net :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dasgalloway said:
All US IS300s have HID

The 16in wheels you see are winter rims

The 17in rims you see are summer rims

A SportDesign package was available in '03 but all the enhancements are cosmetic.. no different ride height, suspension, etc. There was no sport for '01.

Hope you get a great deal... and welcome to IS300.net :D
thanks! i am hoping so. I am talking to my friend tomorrow to get one in weeks to come. i am so excited. Most of my friends are kinda laughing cuz I have owned 3 bmw M3s, 2 330ci, one 323ci and s2000 in the last 4 years. Now they think the is300 is a step down. I am a visionary and i like tuning and modding cars. In my eye, i have a pix that I would like to bring it out to reality. The is300 fits the picture. I just can't wait. Hope i can get a white one soon. or else the other color choices is in line.

thanks so much for your clarification.

·
Premium Member
16,578 Posts
Also, manual transmission sedans come with a slightly stiffer (15%, I believe) suspension than the automatics.

·
8,852 Posts
jruhi4 said:
Also, manual transmission sedans come with a slightly stiffer (15%, I believe) suspension than the automatics.
N/A on 2001.

·
Premium Member
16,578 Posts
jruhi4 said:
Ooops... I missed the "2001" part from the original post. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.