Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Obviously I came here due to our similar tastes in vehicular madness.

The name's Dave, I go by Surpass on Supraforums.com and Supra_Dave on Tunerfriends.com if you ever pass through.

I have over 5,000 posts elsewhere so I am not new to the entire forum thing, just this particular site.

I look forward to meeting, sharing stories with, helping, receiving help, and growing a bit with the IS crowd. I do plan to have a nice IS d.d. soon.

For now, here are a couple pics of my ride and I hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Dave, May i be the first on this site to say; Beautiful car...

I love it!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Very nice! Sexytime! Similiar to you I hope to be getting a Supra one day as a d.d. :lol:

·
Registered
650 Posts
till this day i regret not dropping another 5k for my friends TT supra. he was only asking 25000 w/ low ass miles. sick car btw.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you both!

till this day i regret not dropping another 5k for my friends TT supra. he was only asking 25000 w/ low ass miles. sick car btw.
So what did you get instead? An IS300 I assume? I know Supras have a strong demand, but it you are patient, you can find a good condition one for a reasonable price. Took me 3 years and I was literally 1 week away from ending up with a Navigator instead. Thank God, right? So I found this one and it was this older (50+) ladies Supra in Arizona. She wanted to get rid of it to get a new 350Z, hah! :rolleyes: So naturally I told her "how much better" the Z was than the Supra and that I'd love to have one too, but until then I'll "settle" for the Supra, lol.:p

PS - How does this rep thing work? I noticed it said 0/0 when I created the account, now it says 3140/0. What does that mean and what is with the 4 different colors I've seen (brown, green, blue, and red)?

PPS - Oh, and why can't anyone have images (even small) in their sigs? I saw that it is turned off and no one else has them either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OMG, haha... umm thank you?!

Thanks both of you on the kind words and thanks for the link. It left me with a new unanswered question though:

What is "rep-altering power?" Is it how much one persons "+1" will really affect another... where yours is obviously strong, haha?

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
OMG, haha... umm thank you?!

Thanks both of you on the kind words and thanks for the link. It left me with a new unanswered question though:

What is "rep-altering power?" Is it how much one persons "+1" will really affect another... where yours is obviously strong, haha?
yes, my rep and -rep are among the highest on the site...you cant rep or -rep anyone (to where it adds or subtracts points) until you get to 50 posts I believe it is...

I wouldnt worry too much about the rep system, just post up pics of that Supra from time to time ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
one man's life is another's dream... I should have waited around for a Supra but i got the next best thing... IS300!!!! so now just waiting around for 2jz-gte... i know there is one laying around here somewhere....

Nice ride man.... :approve:

·
Registered
730 Posts
god nice supra. hope you enjoy here.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Very nice ride Dave. Love the pic of it under the "Welcome to Vegas" sign. :approve:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts