Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Looks good and it's probably awesome for show but this setup would hardly be practical for a DD. With as much camber as you have and stretch, I'd like to see how the inside of the tire meets the ground. Not to mention tire wear... Looking good though.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks all. :) The truth is even though this car is daily drivable, like others have stated, it really is impractical to drive it everyday so it's been sitting for the past week. Once I figure out a way to add more negative camber then I'll try to get her back on the road again. I really do love driving this car lol. :)

recaro2218 - I don't know what brand CF hood it is. I got it second hand from a friend of mine and I had it cleaned up a bit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thats some nutty offset!

Welcome to my world of 'Rubs all over the place' haha

I'm not sure i like the actual wheel design, doesn't look as good as your previous design IMHO...

Never the less, its looks good :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thats some nutty offset!

Welcome to my world of 'Rubs all over the place' haha

I'm not sure i like the actual wheel design, doesn't look as good as your previous design IMHO...

Never the less, its looks good :)
Hahaha I need to do something to fix the rubs all over the place. I was always a fan of the classic 5 spoke design but the main reason why I jumped on these wheels is because I'm lazy and I didn't like cleaning the VS-XX's. :p

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
WOW those rims look nice

·
Registered
88 Posts
How much clearance is there from the front inner wheel to the uprights of the suspension? I didn't think a 9" wheel would clear, but with the +25mm offset I guess it is possible!

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
damn Anna that looks like pure sex!!! shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

That's what I"m shooting for but I don't want all the neg camber. I think I can go +30 front and rear with next to no neg camber and with the rear fenders worked over. I totally think our cars can look like sex and be daily drivers. Until recently, no one wanted to do major body work to get that look. Everyone wants turbos instead.

As far as the look of the wheels, I think they look 200% better than the mesh wheels. Everyone and his sister has a set of mesh wheels. This is Bippu and those wheels shout out B-I-P-P-U to the whole friggin world! Nice job!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on those wicked offsets!!!! love those wheels, makes me wish i would have ordered a 5 star wheel instead.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
How much clearance is there from the front inner wheel to the uprights of the suspension? I didn't think a 9" wheel would clear, but with the +25mm offset I guess it is possible!
I don't know how much clearance there is on the inside approximately but I am having no problems with driving it so far.

junedog said:
damn Anna that looks like pure sex!!! shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

That's what I"m shooting for but I don't want all the neg camber. I think I can go +30 front and rear with next to no neg camber and with the rear fenders worked over. I totally think our cars can look like sex and be daily drivers. Until recently, no one wanted to do major body work to get that look. Everyone wants turbos instead.

As far as the look of the wheels, I think they look 200% better than the mesh wheels. Everyone and his sister has a set of mesh wheels. This is Bippu and those wheels shout out B-I-P-P-U to the whole friggin world! Nice job!!!
Thanks. :) The wheel setup I was looking at before these was a 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 +29 all around. I don't consider rolling fenders to be major body work so I don't see why people are afraid to run more aggressive offsets and widths. Wheel fitment is a art just like installing a turbo setup. You can't just throw the wheels on and expect it to look nice, you still have to fine tune the setup to get the look that you want. I just might want to get a set of VS-XX's with a more aggressive offset next. These Euroline's will be around for awhile though I predict. :p

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Here are pictures from the 2007 JDM Theory Asian Heritage Festival in San Francisco from this past weekend. Took home 2nd Best Toyota/Lexus. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm in for wallpaper sized pics. :) Car is gorgeous....1st place in my book. :)
Lol if anyone wants the full-res versions of these pictures send me a pm with your email and I'll try to get them out to you. They're huge. Thanks! :)

21 - 40 of 83 Posts