Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if it is normal to hear the coolant flow through the heating system under the dash(from inside the car) at initial start up? The noise is also heard when moving out from a stop(just at that point). Sounds like water rushing. Please advise if this is normal or if it's not.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
another member commented on this and brought it in to lexus. He had a faulty water pump and it was replaced.

I hear the same water sound. I brought it in to Longo Lexus, i was low on coolant.

The service tech said that the sound could be due to low coolant or an air bubble in the a/c system

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
redlex15 said:
another member commented on this and brought it in to lexus. He had a faulty water pump and it was replaced.

I hear the same water sound. I brought it in to Longo Lexus, i was low on coolant.

The service tech said that the sound could be due to low coolant or an air bubble in the a/c system
I checked my coolant level and it's good. Is there a bleed screw for the cooling system on the engine or is the radiator neck the highest point, thus, is bled from this point. I bought my '01 Certified IS300 about month ago and I was wondering if I take it in if any work done in this area would it be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
yeah i got a noise under my passenger side dash when the heat is on.

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
BigL said:
I would like to know if it is normal to hear the coolant flow through the heating system under the dash(from inside the car) at initial start up? The noise is also heard when moving out from a stop(just at that point). Sounds like water rushing. Please advise if this is normal or if it's not.

Thanks
Wow! I've been noticing this on my IS as well for the past 3 weeks or so. I've been meaning to post it and/or do a search, but hadn't gotten around to it...

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Got the same noise, it is very erratic though. I have been meaning to take it in. But I am sure that when I do, it will not make it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.