Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a new is300 owner only had the car for a few months. Well today I installed an aftermarket radio and noticed I have 2 connections not being used next to my traction control button. Ik that where those connections are is for heated seats but I dont have the buttons. Does this mean my car has the heated seat option and I just need the heated seat buttons or what?

Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 馃槑
So I'm a new is300 owner only had the car for a few months. Well today I installed an aftermarket radio and noticed I have 2 connections not being used next to my traction control button. Ik that where those connections are is for heated seats but I dont have the buttons. Does this mean my car has the heated seat option and I just need the heated seat buttons or what?
What seats do you have? I think if you have the full leather seats/interior (doesn't have suede insert) then you can pop them in & they'll work.

Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 馃槑
I have the all leather powered seats.
I think they may work... But I reccomend removing a friend's switches and trying them before you buy switches. Make sure you put the 15a fuse in before freaking out like i did because they didn't work lol

Registered
Ik that where those connections are is for heated seats
Yes that鈥檚 correct.

Does this mean my car has the heated seat option and I just need the heated seat buttons or what?
That was not the case in my car. I have leather/power seats. The wiring is there from the switch to under the seats, but the actual electrical heating element is not in the seat itself. I鈥檇 pop a seat out, look for the heater harness, then go from there. Be careful, the yellow wire is the airbag. Should probably disconnect battery before doing this. You can add heaters if you don鈥檛 have them, but it鈥檚 quite a bit of work.

Your seats must have heated seat option installed originally. The cars are prewired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts