Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you that use this feature- does it get hot, the after about 10 mins it shuts off? or does it stay on until you turn it off? my seats seem to turn themselves off after about 10mins- not sure if this is a normal feature, or some kinda safety feature...
anyhow- my bro's bmw seats stay hot until you turn it off, so i thought it was kinda weird that the IS3 seats turn off themselves! :-?

anyone got any info?

8,852 Posts
They warm up, then cool down, then warm up again.
I'm not sure why it was done that way. My guess is for temperature control.

The heated seats that impressed me the most were on LS430, where you can control how hot they get.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i use those seats after i go to the gym to give me a nice heated massage til i get in the hot shower! :lol: oh well..guess lexus doesn't want us to use those seats for anything perverse like that! :crazy:

· Registered
480 Posts
Yeah...the Jetta's heated seats have 5 different settings, but I'd take ours over those.

I like how ours get hot fast then just keep you warm. You've got to mess around too much with the VW's or else you'll get all sweaty. :pissed:

I figured there was a thermocouple in there that regulated the temp, but maybe its not that sophisticated.

8,852 Posts
ISinOH said:
pdonato7 said:
I just think they go along with the climate control.
That's probably it.
No, I'm afraid it is much more simple.
Power goes directly into the switch (no relay) and then to the seat.

· Registered
480 Posts
vlad_a said:
ISinOH said:
pdonato7 said:
I just think they go along with the climate control.
That's probably it.
No, I'm afraid it is much more simple.
Power goes directly into the switch (no relay) and then to the seat.
I'm afraid it's not that simple.

If its just a simple circuit between the switch - power source - and seat, then why does the temperature vary???

8,852 Posts
No, it is that simple.
I assume the temperature varies due to a heat element installed in the seat heater. Pay close attention to where the light is.

The power does go directly to the heater element:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.