Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone...
I would just like to know if stock seats all came with a heating element for the seats... My car lacks the heated seats option but i notice while i was messing with the center console, there were hook ups where the switches should be. Ive searched around but didnt see anyone confirming this.

I am wondering because my friend was able to just add the switches to is infinity g30, which all seats came with heated seats, you just need to buy the switch to turn them on.

thanks all

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess i can live without the heated seats..but damn if it cost me less than a hundred bucks why not?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
i know what you are talking about for the switches. i would ask the dealer because I am not sure to tell you the truth.

if you find out that you do NOT need new seats, then the only question is how to make it work. I don't think it is as simple as buying the switch and plugging it in. I think you have to do some sort of mod underneath the seat with the wiring harness.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
yes the car is pre-wired for heated seats. if you don't have them there will be wiring harnesses under the seats that correspond to the harnesses in the blank slots near the "trac off" button.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
irv_usc said:
yes the car is pre-wired for heated seats. if you don't have them there will be wiring harnesses under the seats that correspond to the harnesses in the blank slots near the "trac off" button.
Hmmm let me ask the dealer...i wonder what parts i might need.

·
Registered
924 Posts
CRAMEROX said:
im surprised no one has looked more into this?
Since I live in a warm-weather climate, heated seats are pretty much useless to me; however, climate-controlled seats (that offer cooling, like the optional ones on the LS430) would come in handy.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I know the inside and outs of how the seat is constructed. So if someone can take pictures of what the heating unit looks like, then I can tell you how easy it would be to install.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WXMAN- I'll try to snap some pictures of the seats tonight....ive been busy sanding down my motorcycle and completely forgot about the seats. Im sure the dealer will charge and arm and leg for the parts. They should have just made it stock :x

·
Registered
181 Posts
YOU CANNOT GET HEATED SEATS INSTALLED IN YOUR CAR! unless you want to replace the whole seat! Me and my dealer called everyone that we could to try and figure out if it culd be done, and well......it can't. I even went and bought the two switches for 155.00 and pluged them in, while the lights work on them, the seat still stays cold as ice. So if you want heated seats, be ready to spend 2 or 3 grand. I don't think anybodys buns deserve that, even J.Lo's don't.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts