Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that there are only two packages available on the IS, the Sport and the Luxury. Basically the only difference between the two is that the Luxury is the tan interior with the heated seats/LSD. The sport is the Black interior without the heated seats/LSd. Can anyone confirm this for me? They say this is the wya they come from the factory? I would have hated to find this out now being that I own the Silver/Black int. without the LSD and Heatead seat options that I wanted??.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they DO come that way?? Is that option only available only for cars back East? I am in CA? You have those options...Damn. I searched everywhere for that option and everybody told me they didn't come that way all in CA?

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's strange, my car is really silver with black interior, heated seat and LSD. I'm in Missouri.

Originally posted by RC51:
So they DO come that way?? Is that option only available only for cars back East? I am in CA? You have those options...Damn. I searched everywhere for that option and everybody told me they didn't come that way all in CA?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Initially I was looking at a silver w/black leather interior and a LSD. Two were available in my area.

I opted for a Imperial Jade, leather w/LSD and 17" wheels.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dealer (Oxnard Lexus) also said that in CA. Lexus will not bring in the black interior with LSD. Call Around to other states (Oregon, Arazona,etc) to see if they have the black interior w/LSD. I've seen some at Lexus of Portland.
Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.k now I am pissed off. It must be a state of CA thing. It seems like all you boys on the east coast and mid west have it, but in CA we don't get them that way. That's how I am understanding it. I guess they figured that we need A/C more that heated seats. Anyone in CA have this same problem??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, this topic has been discussed before. The options are not available in CA and some other states. TEG should know more about it. Also it's in the FAQ..

sean

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by nextsean:
Yeah, this topic has been discussed before. The options are not available in CA and some other states. TEG should know more about it. Also it's in the FAQ..

sean
Sean what is and where is the "FAQ"

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
there are no two packages for the IS, no sport package and no luxury package. (sport package with no LSD?) in cali you can get LSD IF you get the Luxury Package which is wood switch plates and extra leather piping that means Ivory seats. i haven't optioned the IS since I bought it but I believe heated seats need to be bought for the moonroof option. the reason it is this way is because when Regional Dealer representitives optioned the IS's for their regions, Cali decided in order for LSD we needed LuxPkg which only came on Ivory interiors and moonroofs required buying heated seats, why is this? my guess is so dealers can charge more for options and cars with desireable options (LSD and moonroof) would require another option be bought (ever use heated seats in Cali?) Do a search, I haven't optioned the IS in awhile so some of my info might be off, this topic has been discussed a million times, please do a search before posting since your answers may be in the archives. the only thing that bites for me, the heated seats. the ivory interior wasnt my first choice but i am glad i got it (except when i have to clean it) and when i bought my car, graphite rims were not available (thanks cali lexus representitives) and i saw them today, they are sweet too...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The different regions have different "standard build" options configurations.

Yes, California (western region) has been limiting LSD to cars with LP
option (Ivory Leather).

There are 3 basic "standard build" packages which have been selling in California:

1> Base model (cloth interior) NO LSD. NO MOONROOF. Mostly black/white or Silver colored car.
2> LS model - black leather - moonroof.
3> LP model - ivory leather - LSD - moonroof - wood trim.

I think some dealers call the LS cars "sports package"
and the LP cars "Luxury Package".

Now - some cars got transfered here from other regions, and
they made a few "special ordered" (custom) cars, and the packages are subject
to change, so it may be possible (although rare) to find/get a car (in California)
made differently than those 3 major "standard build" (western region) packages
listed above.

I hope this helps.

The FAQ is here

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree...When my family went to look at the Lexuses at Longo last month, most of the IS's were #2 (leather package and roof). There were several #3's, but never LSD with #2. If your lucky to buy through Toyota like some people here, they can order it like #1 or #2 and get LSD. You would probably be buying an IS that was destined for regions other than California.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks TEG and guys. Well I just have to pay the price for living in CA. I couldn't find the FAQ page guys. Oh well I could have ordered one from out of state (Maybe) but, I like to see what I am getting.... Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
675 Posts
First quarter production (2001) for IS vehicles in California will see different option combinations including the Black interior with heated seats and LSD. I think that they will build a wide variety of equipment levels. You probably won't find every option combination but there will be a better spread of vehicles.

If you can't wait that long you can special order or try to have a car shipped from Oregon who has most of the heated seat LSD cars.

Good Luck

Derek

1 - 16 of 16 Posts