Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all over the forums and cannot find a part number posted anywhere, but a few people have mentioned having dead bulbs.

The bulb for one of my heated seat switches does not light up. It's not the bulb to indicate if the seat is on, but instead the one that just lights up the symbol on the switch. I emailed a few dealerships and no one responds.

Also, the one for my Trac/Snow button doesn't light up sometimes. If I hit the side of the console, it comes back on. It's getting annoying.

Anyone have these part numbers by any chance? I can't see buying a new switch for $50+ because the light is out.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
1) Call the dealership. Forget about email. If you call, they have to give you an answer, either yes they know it or no they dont.

2) Have you pulled the bulb out yet? There might be the # written on it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Call the dealership. Forget about email. If you call, they have to give you an answer, either yes they know it or no they dont.

2) Have you pulled the bulb out yet? There might be the # written on it.
1) Yeah, I know it would be better to call. I'm just more of an online person. :lol:

2) I've removed the bulb but theres no numbers I could find on it. It's extremely tiny so if there is, it's almost impossible to read it.

My friend works as a tech for a Toyota dealership but he said the parts system is not always easy to find Lexus parts without a part number at hand. He is still checking into it for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just emailed Park Place Lexus a little while ago and they are working with me to get the part numbers. Since there's 2 bulbs in the heated seat switch, it's a little tricky to figure out which part number is which. I'll post the results for everyone later once I confirm which bulb is which.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
you probably have the bulbs replaces already, but here are the numbers for future reference:

Heated Seat Bulb (2 bulbs, one for illuminating the icon and one for showing if it is on or off) Part No; 83119-24670 List $7.55

Trac Off Button Bulb Part No; 83109-30070 List $11.94

Don't mean to confuse anyone, but.......

I have

Heated seat switches
I have Lexus part numbers 84999-10310 for the white base colored bulb (icon illum.)
and 90011-01016 for the brown base colored bulb (on illum.)

..I am in Canada and the part numbers may be different.

Digger08

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I think you should take out the bulb and bring it to the dealer to see. I know it's a bit of a bother... but it's the easiest thing to do when there's confusion over the bulb types.

·
Registered
545 Posts
83109-30070 is not the right bulb for my 2002 is300 trac off button. i have the part in hand...its not correct. however the 84999-10320 did work.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I just replaced my heated seat backlight bulb. The red one that stays on when your headlights are on. The part number is 84999-10310. Just to confirm it for anyone....

Hiral

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just replaced my heated seat backlight bulb. The red one that stays on when your headlights are on. The part number is 84999-10310. Just to confirm it for anyone....

Hiral
u rock, thanks for the help!!!! I gotta take it apart, hope its not too difficult

·
Registered
712 Posts
ok that was SUPER easy to take out! I have to replace the 'white bulb,' brown side looks ok for now, hopefully the dealer doesn't rape me tomorrow but at least it will be one little thing that will be fixed

Thanks to u all again!!! I love this site!!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
ok update:

dealer raped me for $8 on a unique bulb that i have never seen before but the button does work. thanks for all the help

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
someone post pics of these bulbs

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
My heated seat bulb went out about a month ago. I was going to replace it, then about a week or two later, it came back on.

Since then, It's stayed on.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ok so utter irony but now the brown bulb for the same switch went out, FML!!!! I gotta pay the dealership another $9, oh well eff it man!!!

Gotta love owning a Lex, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Try tapping it with your finger and also pull it out and re-install it first.

Digger08

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry for posting to an older post but...

my backlight has been out forever and this post helped me find the right bulb and i have it now from my lexus dealer. now, i sat down in the car and didn't know where to start to replace the darn thing. the dealer told me the switch itself popped out, but i'm afraid to start jamming a screwdriver around all that plastic....how exactly should i go about doing this? or would it be easier to remove the plastic shrouding around the switch?

thanks in advance!
adam

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
sorry for posting to an older post but...

my backlight has been out forever and this post helped me find the right bulb and i have it now from my lexus dealer. now, i sat down in the car and didn't know where to start to replace the darn thing. the dealer told me the switch itself popped out, but i'm afraid to start jamming a screwdriver around all that plastic....how exactly should i go about doing this? or would it be easier to remove the plastic shrouding around the switch?

thanks in advance!
adam
I just installed the heated seat switches and the whole plastic piece pulls out, there are clips but we couldn't see where or how to release so my son just grabbed it and heaved it out.
The switches have two clips one either side, just pressed them in and the switch comes out. release wire plug and there you are.

hope that's clear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts