1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
I would pass on that...just get the KN kit which comes with one ...also get the KN one that comes with plastic tubing , that will help to keep intake temps cooler...I would also invest in a Header heat shield.

PS in the need future i may be fabing universal short ram heat shields .....like the KN and srt ones...

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have one of figs heat shields, and its great. I wouldn't settle for anything else...that and the srt intake. Dooo it :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just get one of my heatshields. It will work better to remove the heat from the actual source.

but dont i need the heat shield around the filter to block it from heat from the radiator (or some shit like that) or does the one for the headers work fine?

·
Registered
675 Posts
then get a srt intake or buy a srt intake heatshield from some 1

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got this from the same site as u get the Joe-Z intake
that looks good and the price is right. but im talking about the heat shield around the filter. how do you get one of i were to buy something like an ebay intake

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Contact SRT, and ask them how much the heatshield would cost. The only problem I had with it, is that I had to trim the top with my angle grinder...I think chado had to do the same. Without the intake heatshield, some people say they get a CEL due to turbulent air from the fans, and some don't--but I'm not sure if that's why you were looking for a heatshiled.

If you want a header heatshield, get one from Fig. No rattles and it's EASY to install. I had the PLP, and it started rattling like a mofo when it cracked by the rear mounting point. The material they used is paper thin, and it's also a B!tch to get the rear bolt in place.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Contact SRT, and ask them how much the heatshield would cost. The only problem I had with it, is that I had to trim the top with my angle grinder...I think chado had to do the same. Without the intake heatshield, some people say they get a CEL due to turbulent air from the fans, and some don't--but I'm not sure if that's why you were looking for a heatshiled.

If you want a header heatshield, get one from Fig. No rattles and it's EASY to install. I had the PLP, and it started rattling like a mofo when it cracked by the rear mounting point. The material they used is paper thin, and it's also a B!tch to get the rear bolt in place.
yeah thats y i wanted it. id rather be safe then drive around with a cel till i get a heatshield for the filter. for 20 bucks more ill go with figs when the time comes around

i call srt and just get a heatshield?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Yup. Give them a call and see if you can buy just the heat shield. I got a quote for the r-ecu, so I don't see why they wouldn't sell the heat shield by itself.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.