Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through a load of old postsfor anyone who makes either a heat shield or cold air box that will fit the Typhoon.....most folks seem to end up making their own

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
62betty said:
I've looked through a load of old postsfor anyone who makes either a heat shield or cold air box that will fit the Typhoon.....most folks seem to end up making their own

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks
you are correct. most people make their own as K&N Typhoon doesnt have one.

i was thinking about going to a sheet metal shop and see if they can do one for me but i got lazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
i was thinking about going to a sheet metal shop and see if they can do one for me but i got lazy.

its not too hard, I "designed" one out of cardboard, but my father tossed his sheet metal the bastard :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
k&n has a "new" typhoon that comes w/ a heatshield. you can prbly call em up and order the heatshield separately?

do you have the typhoon w/ the bracket that mounts to the vehicle body welded on (old) or detachable (new)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have a pattern for a cold air box you could let me copy? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aznxmutt21 said:
k&n has a "new" typhoon that comes w/ a heatshield. you can prbly call em up and order the heatshield separately?

do you have the typhoon w/ the bracket that mounts to the vehicle body welded on (old) or detachable (new)?
It's the new detachable type that bolts on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
62betty said:
Does anyone have a pattern for a cold air box you could let me copy? ;)


How much $$ you have ;) :lol:



Nothing is free, this is america


its not too hard to do, just take some cardboard, go to the car, look @ mounting points and go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMPRIMIS said:
Nothing is free, this is america
LOL

Thought someone say that.....but if you don't ask...

@aznmutt21 - the new K&N shield doesn't really look up to much, I was after something that better encloses the filter head
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
62betty said:
LOL

Thought someone say that.....but if you don't ask...

@aznmutt21 - the new K&N shield doesn't really look up to much, I was after something that better encloses the filter head

:lol:


Well if I have time I can dig the pattern, or get VP500 to come up to my house and we can make a new one
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top