·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm is there a way to bypass the E-brake thingy? so it plays while u drive?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
DimSumInABox2GO said:
Hmm is there a way to bypass the E-brake thingy? so it plays while u drive?

Well I'm not a car stero expert but it's not like the gyro found in pionner n2 and d1. I'm sure all you have to do is ground that wire.

Edit: keep in mind that the stero doesn't output as good as the top brand models.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i always heard that jensen was alright. maybe not "the best" but heard good things.
good luck

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
you must have never had a jensen headunit or just had a bad experience...i got great results for a great price...

jensen is made by audiovox, a huge company and its a quality product

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i'm guessing Jensen isn't as bad. When the screen comes out does it block the ac controls and stuff?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Jensen is in no way a high end product. It is a bsic setup with a basic price tag. Jensen is indeed a susiday of Audiovox which is THE largest world wide manufacture of mobile electronics Period! Your product will be backed by a huge company that does stand behind their products 100%.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
They aren't bad, I have installed quite a few of them. Picture quality is good, however the sound quality leaves much to be desired. If you are using a 4 channel amp, that may make up some of the sound, and it only has 1 RCA output for the sub which necessitates a 'y-splitter'. All in all a decent product for a budget price.

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
Romyo247 said:
you must have never had a jensen headunit or just had a bad experience...i got great results for a great price...

jensen is made by audiovox, a huge company and its a quality product
I honestly hope you are joking............. Jensen and Audiovox are probably some of the absolute worst stereo equipment on the planet.

Its cheap generic horrible sounding shit simple as that anyone who thinks its good has no clue what real stereo stuff sounds like

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
OKCIS said:
I honestly hope you are joking............. Jensen and Audiovox are probably some of the absolute worst stereo equipment on the planet.

Its cheap generic horrible sounding shit simple as that anyone who thinks its good has no clue what real stereo stuff sounds like
That's pretty much how I view the brand. I'm not as heavy into audio equipment as much as I was a few years ago but back then Jensen was the stuff you bought at indoor/outdoor swap meets (flea markets for you easterners) and could be had for an incredibly cheap price. Things could have changed in those years but I, personally, wouldn't put a Jensen in a Lexus.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jenson used to be IT back in the 70s!
Keep in mind that Audiovox also owns Bose! Granted, Bose does all their own research and such, but that research was funded by Audiovox. Unfortunately, the "trickle down" theory is still foreign to the rest of the company.
dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your going to get what you pay for with Jensen. Its not going to be as nice as a pioneer or a kenwood but it works and is half the price. If your worried about how good it is ask the sales reps at Crutchfield. There the only place that I buy my stereo equipment from and there sales staff usually if not always knows what there talking about. If your sales guys doesnt know what he's talking about ask for another one or ask for the technical assistance department and see how many problems they have had with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts