Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people are able to open or close them with there keys? Anyoneone know how to set it up?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
What did the dealer tell you about the headights??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had an RX300 for a loaner, and when I held down the door open(I think) button, all the windows opened. So then I tried it on my IS but it doesn't work like that. I wonder if the dealer can program it to do the same, it seems, when you read the owner's manual, that everything can be adjusted via the computer!

Originally posted by enfatu8:
How many people are able to open or close them with there keys? Anyoneone know how to set it up?

------------------
'01 IS300, SBM
'93 RX-7, Montego Blue Mica
'98 Honda SuperHawk 996, Italian Red

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
im able to roll down the windows with my remote for my maxima, i was disappointed that the IS300 didnt have this feature.

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
416 Posts
I gots a few fobs to close my windows. I go "Close!" and they all close my windows. I didn't get no Manuel or Weagon mungst them, tho.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The bit about the headlights is if they are in automatic mode, you can hit 'lock' twice and it will turn them off. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it is true.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Originally posted by sacremon:
The bit about the headlights is if they are in automatic mode, you can hit 'lock' twice and it will turn them off. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it is true.
It Works, I do it every day.

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yeah it works. Do it to save some of your battery, but to save your key battery, switch from auto to off and back to auto while your car is off, and lock the door from the inside before you get out. Sure it doesn't look as cool, but who do you have to impress in your driveway?

But if there's chicks around, hell yeah, do the whole double key press!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Uh. That's a bit excessive.
The key battery lasts a long time.
My 97 ES battery lasted for over 2 years until we sold it.

Plus- if you lock from the inside of the car, I don't think you are setting the alarm.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The lights don't have to be in automatic mode for the double lock thing to work. I had my lights on normal, and exited my car, then pushed lock twice on the remote and they turned off. Very cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts