Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks! I've been going through old threads like mad trying to come up with a solution. My stock headlights are yellow(from oxidation) and anytime it rains they take on a good amount of water(to the point that it killed my driver side HID). Same thing with my fogs, the fogs are even worst they're black at this point. I honestly need a good replacement. I looked at OEM, but I honestly can't afford to replace 4 lights OEM. For the most part I've seen that aftermarket lights for our cars suck. Although I've seen a few local guys ride by with some cool looking aftermarket w/ no sign of wear or moisture. Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

-P.S. I'm sure someone will say fix the OEM's, I really don't have the time or space to due so right now.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I agree it's not the best option... but good luck finding a used set that doesn't look like crap either. JDM is another expensive option that will require an aftermarket HID kit that will most likely go bad within months regardless of brand. I just gave the OP the cheapest resolution. These cars are old!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just have OEM style with black housings. Don't like the look of the projector lens on these IS's. But to each their own.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remove all the rubber drain plugs on back along with the bulbs. Put the whole headlight in the oven at 200 degrees for 8 to 10min. Gently pry off the clear lens. Now you can add halos or paint etc. After that reseal with silicone and your done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts