Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
there seems to be some condensation inside the headlights.
anyone know how to get rid of it?

used 1500,2000 grit paper with plastix
results werent that satisfactory because i did it by hand (still a little hazy)
next time, ill buy a buffer.
BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

·
Registered
355 Posts
looks good ive done that to a few of my friends bimmers whose tail's have turned yellow in coloring

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wow, how did you get scratch them so much in the first place:confused: BTW after pics looks great;)
I second that... did you attempt this a few weeks ago and give up? Those before shots are horrible.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Well, they definitely look better than before.

·
Registered
371 Posts
They look good, I did the same with Klasse all-in-one wax and then polish, same stuff I use to wax and polish my car. I used a buffer though. They came out almost like new. I think the buffer is the way to go for this project. Also, I noticed that if you use sandpaper, they seem to yellow up again after a year or so like my Civic did. A buffer is totally worth the investment for projects like these or just doing a bang up job on the cars paint. If a buffer can't get something out, its through the paint. LOL.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iono what happened to my headlights before. one day, i just saw them like that.
and water isnt inside the headlights, its outside.
i washed my car yesterday, and this morning it rained -_-
what a waste of water

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have done this many times before to my other cars, and the thing that worked best for me was to sand with 1500 and then 2000 grit. Then I used a buffer with 3M Finnese It (the white compound)! The key is when buffing do not use pressure, heat is your enemy! Just take you time and let the compund do the work!! I was using a professional grade Makita buffer! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have done this many times before to my other cars, and the thing that worked best for me was to sand with 1500 and then 2000 grit. Then I used a buffer with 3M Finnese It (the white compound)! The key is when buffing do not use pressure, heat is your enemy! Just take you time and let the compund do the work!! I was using a professional grade Makita buffer! Hope this helps.
i thought heat was good o_O

1 - 20 of 22 Posts