Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so can anyone tell me why my headlights would have a pinkish or purple glow instead of blue?

and i have seen people with blue interior lights and was wondering how they did it, and how involved it is. thanks to anyone who can help me!!! :-?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I don't mean to be mean about this...but do a seach...it will help you out...there are some really good instructions out there...loungn did it and same with wxman

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...........but that tells me absolutely NOTHING about WHY my headlights are PINK! :pissed: and how come i can never get a straight up answer for anything? everybody is so quick to tell me to do a search rather then help.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
amy11079 said:
yeah...........but that tells me absolutely NOTHING about WHY my headlights are PINK! :pissed: and how come i can never get a straight up answer for anything? everybody is so quick to tell me to do a search rather then help.
bring it to the dealer. maybe there is a problem with the ballast or housing seal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welp, i did try that and they told me "the system is working properly" and that they didnt look pink to them. yeah but wait until the first time i take my car in after the warranty goes out, then they'll tell me that i need to replace the whole system because something is fried. :roll: d$%n dealerships. :noway: any other suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
are you talking about your highbeams? becuase i changed mine to hyper white, but during daytimes they are purplish but highbeams are DAMN white :crazy:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
yeah the stock hid's will have a purple-ish pink hue to them when you look at them at a certain angle, but the output will still be brighter than regular hid's and more yellow than 6000k....if you look at your HID's in the daytime they will always look a liittle pink...that is the nature of teh bulb. If you look at them at night they should be pretty white.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool thanks! i am glad that it is normal. its just that they looked so blue when i bought the car and then they started looking diff. i dunno maybe its just me. :D

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
yeah i used to hate when i turned on my lights facing a wall and i would see it change from a blue to a white....it was so depressing that i had to get the 6000k bulbs...now i'm happy all the time

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
i have the stock HIDs and the clear fog lights with 5000k blubs.. at night i can tell the difference between the two because the HIDS look a bit more light purple and the fogs now have just the slightest bit of light blue in them.. im gonna try the piaa super plasma bulbs soon becuz they are a light purple.. hopefully they will match up..

·
Registered
361 Posts
damn WHEN ppl ask for help... THERES ALWAYS A "DO A SEARCH".... if u dont wana help then dont reply... u mite as well help the guy w/ the time u put into typing out "DO A SEARCH".. in other forums... people always reply with answers...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
when people say do a search, it's probaby because the topic has been brought up many times already.

The fact is...alot of these questions are beaten to a pulp and it would do a person good to search for the answer...you'll learn one hell of a lot more than you were looking for and that is a good thing. When that fails, post something and maybe someone will be nice enough to answer your question or give you the link.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok well dpatterson, let me know how those bulbs turn out ok? i bet that it will look great!

blklexis3 thanks for agreeing with me man! can't stand when people tell you to do a search.

and ucla-is300, i appreciate the help you gave me earlier, but in all honetsy i did do a search and came up empty handed so i did do this as a last resort. can somebody give me some pointers on doing a search maybe i am not looking in the right area or something. i haven't only been a member on this thing for a short time, and am not really on here all that much except for recently.

thanks to all!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
amy11079 said:
can somebody give me some pointers on doing a search maybe i am not looking in the right area or something. i haven't only been a member on this thing for a short time, and am not really on here all that much except for recently.
honestly i don't know if anyone has ever complained about their headlights being pink/purple on this board...searching probably wouldn't help you too much. but it might have answered your question about the interior lights...

A search for "map and light":

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13324233&highlight=map+light - user edgy talks about changing the map light bulb (near the sunroof controls)

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13325043&highlight=map+light - some discussion about the dome light bulb

hope that helps.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well actually i was looking for info on the lights on the dash and stuff. but thanks anyway!

what do you mean trying not to be a bitch sheliz

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
amy11079 said:
well actually i was looking for info on the lights on the dash and stuff. but thanks anyway!

what do you mean trying not to be a bitch sheliz
well, interior lights usually means the dome or map light. try searching for dash lights... lots of info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
so does anyone know how to change the interior dash lights from orange to blue.........and yes I already tried searching......any help would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
lex-ative
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing