Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, can anyone give me directions in order to adjust it. I did a search and only found a broad amount of info. I need specifics if possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you are referring to the headlamp auto on/off function, the following is from the Lexus site. If you mean the headlamp leveling, hopefully someone else will be able to address that for you.

Terry

Question:
What is the function of the automatic headlight and can it be adjusted to turn on sooner or later?

Answer:
The automatic light control system is designed to turn on and off the headlights depending on the ambient lighting conditions. The sensitivity of the system can be adjusted by turning the sensor lens on the dashboard. If the response is quick, turn the sensor lens counter clockwise. If the response is too slow, turn the sensor lens clockwise. There is not a further adjustment that we can recommend. If a customer feels that this system is not working normally, it may be possible for the dealer to perform a comparison test with another Lexus vehicle. There are diagnostic tests that can be performed, however these are more appropriate if the system is not working.

When the headlights are needed immediately such as when entering a dark tunnel, parking structure, etc., manually twist the headlight stalk switch to the "Headlight ON" position to turn on the headlights.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, thanks for the help but I am talking about after lowering the car the headlight sensor light is on because the level has been changed and needs to be adjusted. Does anyone else know? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
There are sensors on the shock absorber mountings (front and rear drivers side) to adjust the auto-levelling, but that may not help you either. There is probably an adjustment on each headlight housing but I don't know where.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by VVTIS:
No, thanks for the help but I am talking about after lowering the car the headlight sensor light is on because the level has been changed and needs to be adjusted. Does anyone else know? Thanks!
do a search in the suspension forum...i posted the info in there many times...

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: VVTIS ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts