Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about to send my headlights to justin (AAC) for a set of DDEs.
since i probably wont ever go through the trouble of removing and opening up my headlights again, i'm debating getting the housing painted black or spectra mica blue to match the body.

would anyone be able to photoshop what the housing would look like??
would be much appreciated!

i just done know how to use photoshop, especially to make the color changes behind the shinyness of the headlight ;)

if its possible, one in black, one in blue. obviously only the black or blue around the two circles in the housing.
THANKs!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
don't really know what to do about the turn signal..

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres black, gimme a minute for the other...
yo dude! thank you!! i know its easy to blow it off instead of taking the time to have done that, so for whatever its worth, take all the +rep i'm allowed to give you thanks again!

and now that you did that, i guess you have a right to give your opinion haha

that picture is kinda old, i just didnt have a more recent one.
changes since that picture are cwest eyelids, car is a bit lower, and mesh grill has an "IS300" emblem on the bottom right.

keep as is, black, or blue. what do you guys think???

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I'd say go with flat black.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey no problem :)

In my opinion, which is kind of biased because I recently did my heads and fogs semi-flat black with rings, I am going to say do them semi-flat! ;)

maybe it's my photoshop, but the blue headlights is kinda "preludeish" if you know what i'm saying. I'm just not a fan.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Oh and whatever you do choose, I would also like to say you should get black mesh instead of the silver:

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i definitely see what you mean. i LOVE the way that photshop looks with the flat black, but its kinda tough to tell for a few reasons.

1) since i can remember, i've had the "chromeish" theme going: rims, heads, and tails. so if i paint the heads, eventually i'll have to do something to the tails and maybe even get darker rims, buts thats besides the point. just seems like anything but the stock chrome might be out of place.

2) another reason is i have eyelids now, so i'm not sure how that would change the whole scenario, given a good portion of the headlight is covered.

3) also cuz whether i did flat black or blue, i'm not sure what justin would do with the sidemarker portion of it. does it stay clear, does it get smoked out?

4) justin himself on his car (intensa blue i think?) has blue housing heads AND tails and i think it look awesome. so i guess with the blue it would have to be done right. and with the black, i've never once seen a picture of a blue IS that i like it on until you just did that photoshop! whereas on a white or msm IS, the black headlights is AMAZING!

either way, thanks again. time for bed, we'll continute this tomorrow hopefully!

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and whatever you do choose, I would also like to say you should get black mesh instead of the silver:

WOW i HATE you for showing me that!!! that looks amazing, yet i had never considered it before

different car, completely! srt intercooler will be going that big a$s hole there soon, so there i'll go again with a change in looks. GOSH SO MANY OPTIONS OF COMBINATIONS of what to do!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Everyone already did the headlights. I figured i would add some more touches. :)

Reactions: LO 21

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
haha you guys are A$$HOLES!!! driving me CRAZY here!
i mean if you wanna finish the torture, put a freaking SRT logo on the IC and some cwest eyelids!
haha jk about the logo. eyelids would be cool though, since those i already have on the car. whenever you get a few minutes tomorrow. and not sure how far we'll keep going with this, even though these photoshops are WAAAAY more valuable than i thought in helping make decisions. so thanks! i'll add some more rep when it lets me.

yo phillyb, your rendition also made me laugh haha. cuz i actually put a carbon fiber hood on about two weeks ago. i took it off after a day though. i LOVED the hood, it just didnt look right on my car, plus i need that money to put into my turbo kit now. it was the ViS invader hood (with the two vents). probably would have painted a portion of it (sides, or sides and front), but scratch that idea i guess.. (+rep)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts