Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after doing black housing 6 months later one started leaking. The condensation built up and is turning the inside on the lense a dark brown (algae crap). So first off I have to take all the shite back apart and redo it (sux balls). What could i used to clean the inside of the Lexan? Also what glue or calk would work best to reglue as i dont want to have to do this crap again. Just for everyones info, IT WAS WORTH IT!!! THE BLACK HOUSING IS SOOO PHAT!!!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I've read somewhere that you can use some sort of Lexan polish to clean the inside of the lenses, but don't know what brand or where to buy it. So, if anyone knows where I can purchase a bottle or this polish, please let me know because I plan on doing the black housing mod soon too. Thanks!

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
When you put the headlight housings back together run a bead of Black RTV gasket sealer around the housing / lens in addition to the original glue to prevent moisture from reappering in the housing.
-Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Modless_IS_=(
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing