Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just realized that my right headlight is fogging up. Is there any way to fix it or I have to replace the whole headlight?:jawDrop:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
you can blow dry it but the best bet is to open and re-seal and clean. Or if you have funds get a new set of lights and have them painted.

Hit me up if your interested.

D

·
Registered
180 Posts
just try to dry the water out of it..check the ventilation hole behind the headlite, make sure the hose facing downwards is there and also the filter cause water usually goes in through there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone has pics of that ventilation hole? And how do I dry it out?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
I hate to keep repeating this in threads but SOMETHING had to cause the leak somewhere.

Drying it out is a temp solution and will keep happening, only a few are lucky enough for it to not happen again.

While all this goes on your ballast starts to rust and suffer.

D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is this headlight can be taken apart and resealed?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
yes, look for someone in your area who has done it without the following issues

1. it fogging up again
2. leaking like crazy
3. melted
4. breaking of inside chrome
5. and not getting glue all over the side of the lens.

D

·
Registered
35 Posts
there are frum on the net showing you how to do it its a very risky job and i wont really want to take the chance of melting my head light so i would consider buying a used one from ebay or something

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have done that a bunch of times.. it is not hard , just have to have the patience and have the proper tools.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Opening it would require baking the lights, in order to melt the sealant. With doing this there is a high risk of cracking your lights, or warping them. If you decide it is worth it, remove your lights, and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes. Work you way around the edge and pop it open. Once you remove the fog, rebake the lights, and try to replace the factory sealant the best as possible, and then silicone and openings, and also along the crease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts