Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got my HID bulbs in. I placed them in, but they still dont werk. Do any of you guys know how to werk the rely thingy. or where da fuse box is? I dont have a manual cuz it never came wid one. And I found 3 fuse boxes and headlights wherent in any of those boxes.

Also, do you guys know how to straighten ur higheams? mine looks like a huge "X" in front of me...

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
how about you give inspir8tor a hollar, and see what magic he can work for you, at a price of course.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
D_J_prada_G said:
Hey guys, I just got my HID bulbs in. I placed them in, but they still dont werk. Do any of you guys know how to werk the rely thingy. or where da fuse box is? I dont have a manual cuz it never came wid one. And I found 3 fuse boxes and headlights wherent in any of those boxes.

Also, do you guys know how to straighten ur higheams? mine looks like a huge "X" in front of me...

wat do u mean by straighten the highbeams? u mean the leveling? if it is then maybe this will help http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=263893&highlight=leveling

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
D_J_prada_G said:

HID bulbs go in and it works.
They're a direct replacement of your old ones. No additional stuff required.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
you clipped the connectors on, right? :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, everything in place. Do you guys think my fuses might be out? or does it have anything to do wid my relayer thingy?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
D_J_prada_G said:
Ya, everything in place. Do you guys think my fuses might be out? or does it have anything to do wid my relayer thingy?
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

Putting in a new HID bulb requires 4 things.
1. Open up the back of the headlight by unscrewing the white/gray cap.
2. Turn the connector on the back of the bulb counter clockwise to release it
3. Unclip and remove bulb.
4. Put new bulb in and work backwards.

Why are you talking about relays and stuff? What else did you do?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
there are fuses you can check, in the main box, passenger side in the engine bay.. But i doubt its that, unless you changed them with the lights on... which, why would you be that stupid? :suspiciou

·
Registered
170 Posts
D_J_prada_G said:

How about you eliminate the bulbs from the equation before you go assuming there 'must' be something else wrong. When one of my headlight's went out, I swapped the other bulb to make sure it was a bulb and not a ballast. I didnt just start looking to replace a whole bunch of other crap first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i ordered a set of 8000k D2R for my 01 lexus is300 can u give me some step by step instructions to replace them. i can only as far as taking the gray and white cap off.... HELP HELP

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
is300_bullet said:
i ordered a set of 8000k D2R for my 01 lexus is300 can u give me some step by step instructions to replace them. i can only as far as taking the gray and white cap off.... HELP HELP
Sophie said it...
Putting in a new HID bulb requires 4 things.
1. Open up the back of the headlight by unscrewing the white/gray cap.
2. Turn the connector on the back of the bulb counter clockwise to release it
3. Unclip and remove bulb.
4. Put new bulb in and work backwards.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
is300_bullet said:
If you need more help, PM me. It is straight forward though.

Thanks for searching first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts