Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys figured out what size Angel Eye rings are needed for the IS300? I don't see Lexus listed on the site as having an available kit.

I have a pair of new headlights and I'm deciding what to do with them!

Once I open them up I'll share the inner diameter if you guys don't have it.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Have you guys figured out what size Angel Eye rings are needed for the IS300? I don't see Lexus listed on the site as having an available kit.

I have a pair of new headlights and I'm deciding what to do with them!

Once I open them up I'll share the inner diameter if you guys don't have it.
I have AAC halos in my garage. Let me know if you want the measurements and I'll get them for you

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be helpful indeed! The outside diameter is what's needed whenever you have time. No rush!
Still have AAC halos installed but cut the inverters out after so many warranty failures. I gave up on the whole concept until our newest vendor joined!

I think promoting an IS300 kit would be beneficial for DiodeDynamics as well :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Good to know about the AAC failures.
Glad I never installed them. I busted my headlights open years ago and broke a low beam halo while installing it, so I gave up.

The outer diameter on the high beam halo is 11.75cm and 14cm on the low beam

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You rock, Mike! Thanks a bunch!
Looks like the 120mm and 140mm rings should do it!

AAC bulbs were fine but the inverters just kept going out. Come to think of it, I believe DiodeDynamics sells separate inverters that just might remedy that issue!

IF I decide to go this route again, I think the COB halos might do the trick and at the same time, eliminate the inverter and need for AC power altogether.

·
Registered
341 Posts
yeah CCFL inverters are easily replaceable, the CCFL halo itself works forever
^^You are correct!

CCFL may not be the brightest style, but they are very reliable. The inverters can be replaced without having to take the headlights apart.

We also offer RGB SMD with external regulators, but they won't have the same smooth appearance as CCFL or COB

We've done an IS300 before, but I don't recall what the ring sizes were TBH. It was quite some time ago. They are so bright that we had to turn the brightness down for these pictures:

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or need help with professional installation: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I'm looking into the COB version. Assuming 120mm and 140mm are the correct sizes for the IS, Will this list complete the kit?

$70 - High beam rings
$80 - Low beam rings
$30 - RGB Controller
$20 - Harness

·
Registered
341 Posts
Okay, I'm looking into the COB version. Assuming 120mm and 140mm are the correct sizes for the IS, Will this list complete the kit?

$70 - High beam rings
$80 - Low beam rings
$30 - RGB Controller
$20 - Harness
We only offer single color COB at the moment

Those prices are correct for COB, but there's no reason to buy a controller with single color

Nick C.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Makes sense! In that case will a dimmer be useful or does the regulator take precedent? At the least, I'd like to control brightness with a potentiometer.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah! I forgot to thank you for posting that video... good stuff. Thanks!

We are actually doing a set of IS300 headlights right now

Should be able to get a new listing creating for the site
This would be great for the site. As the car ages, our options definitely diminish so it's always nice to see new supporting products! Haven't started on the project yet (car is still undergoing surgery) but I'm excited to see this. It will definitely help make up my mind :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts