Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 is350 right front headlamp goes out after a few minutes of driving. Then when i turn the lights off and back on it turns on again just for a minute or so. Is it my hid ballast? Relay?
Please advise... :(

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
It sounds like a bad bulb. A bad ballast usually won't fire at all. To be sure, swap the driverside bulb with the passengerside and see if the bulb stays lit on the questionable ballast. When replacing a bulb, replace as a set. Also do not touch the bulb with your bare hands as the oils on your skin can reduce the longevity of the bulb.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yea,...it's the bulb had the same thing on my '06,...my son got me some Toshiba oem replacements off ebay for $60.00 a pair and they are great,...same color temp too :) not too difficult to replace either with a few tools and removal of the windshield washer fill port and the air box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Likely the bulb as per everyone else's advice. I just had this issue occur on my 06 last week cept my bulb would go on for 1 sec then off. I just picked up Garax 6000K HID for replacement. Awesome bulbs which many others would also likely agree. White with the very slightest hint of blue rather than the OEM which are white but slightly creamy. You can get them from ebay.. however, i picked them up from D4S HID Bulbs - D4R HID Bulbs | Lexus Xenon Headlights | HID Light Bulbs and used a 15% discount code.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
To the OP, 6K is as high as I recommend. When you start going 8K and higher it looks more blue/purple and gets darker the higher the Kelvin, not to mention you lose actual useful light output. 4300K is the "whitest" white while 6K is more crystal white with a hint of blue. Xenonsupply.com also has good deals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts