Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyomoto (will fit with the SC)
Xerd (will NOT fit)
Pro1 (????)
JIC (only for the IS200 ?)

any other ones out there?

It looks like I need to go with Toyomoto, but I just want to make sure that there aren't any other choices out there.

Key thing to remember - it must clear the SC.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
goldark said:
alredxiii said:
Pro 1 is the Toyomoto and HP Racing Header
why the different names?
I'd like to know as well, but the Toyomoto Header I had gotten had HP Racing on it and I have heard through some other threads that the Pro 1's are the same as HP.

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
get it from Toyomoto. I got mine there when I had the s/c and it was great. Comes w/ the racepipe and the simulator and all. $400 and it looks good in the car. Plus who would you rather support, Toyo or Pro-1?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The header that comes from TOYOMOTO is designed by Lance and was sourced to HP to make them......I'm guessing Pro1 just re-badges the HP as well.......In all honesty I would buy the TOYOMOTO above the other two just for the simple reason TOYOMOTO is a company that cares about the IS....The others just want your money.....Just my Opinion though...

Dan
02' MSM IS300
.....TOYOMOTO Built.....
...BULLISH RACING Enhanced...
.....TOYOMOTO & BULLISH RACING.....When you CARE enough to ONLY use the VERY BEST"...

·
Registered
884 Posts
dt1313 said:
The header that comes from TOYOMOTO is designed by Lance and was sourced to HP to make them......I'm guessing Pro1 just re-badges the HP as well.......In all honesty I would buy the TOYOMOTO above the other two just for the simple reason TOYOMOTO is a company that cares about the IS....The others just want your money.....Just my Opinion though...

Dan
02' MSM IS300
.....TOYOMOTO Built.....
.....TOYOMOTO & BULLISH RACING.....When you CARE enough to ONLY use the VERY BEST"...
this is mostly right--i called lance yesterday to get the full story...

he used to drive a heavily sponsered HP car a while back. he went to HP with the idea to make a header/y-pipe combo to sale through his store (toyomoto.com). HP green lighted the project and he designed the header, the mid-pipe, and set up 02 sims to work in our car specifically w/o triggering the cel. he began selling the the thing for 400/450 (ss/chrome).

well. HP outsourced the actual fabrication to an overseas manufacturer with shady ethics. they jacked his design, rebadged it, and made it available through a company named PRO-1. it is minus the sim because this company is only a metal worker, doesn't know how to set up the sims, and of course lance won't let them take his. so HP is the same as toyomoto all things considered, and PRO-1 is cut from the same molds but no sims. and to support PRO-1 is to take food off of lance's table... besides by the time you get other sims working right, you'll save little if any money.

stick with toyo...

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,619 Posts
Chan said:
Didn't know that the IS300 had headers.....
after market HEADER to replace the stock exhaust manifold... :p

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
goldark said:
Xerd (will NOT fit)
Pro1 (????)

It looks like I need to go with Toyomoto, but I just want to make sure that there aren't any other choices out there.

JIC brought out during SEMA headers for the IS300.

That JIC header post a little while ago, was a Turbo manifold and not a header at all.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
MSM MT IS300 said:
dt1313 said:

Dan
02' MSM IS300
.....TOYOMOTO Built.....
this is mostly right--i called lance yesterday to get the full story...

he used to drive a heavily sponsered HP car a while back. he went to HP with the idea to make a header/y-pipe combo to sale through his store (toyomoto.com). HP green lighted the project and he designed the header, the mid-pipe, and set up 02 sims to work in our car specifically w/o triggering the cel. he began selling the the thing for 400/450 (ss/chrome).

well. HP outsourced the actual fabrication to an overseas manufacturer with shady ethics. they jacked his design, rebadged it, and made it available through a company named PRO-1. it is minus the sim because this company is only a metal worker, doesn't know how to set up the sims, and of course lance won't let them take his. so HP is the same as toyomoto all things considered, and PRO-1 is cut from the same molds but no sims. and to support PRO-1 is to take food off of lance's table... besides by the time you get other sims working right, you'll save little if any money.

stick with toyo...
i didnt know all that. thats very interesting. if I had known I would not have bought a Pro-1 cuz I like Lance and I think he works very hard and is very good at what he does. SORRY LANCE!!

sounds great nonetheless though, thanks to Lance's design......

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,619 Posts
10secondIS said:
i didnt know all that. thats very interesting. if I had known I would not have bought a Pro-1 cuz I like Lance and I think he works very hard and is very good at what he does. SORRY LANCE!!

great post... it's good to see that ppl support our community...

ok...i'm bored... :p

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
HyperMKIV said:
10secondIS said:

great post... it's good to see that ppl support our community...

ok...i'm bored... :p
give credit where credit is due......

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
goldark said:
Xerd (will NOT fit)
Pro1 (????)

JIC brought out during SEMA headers for the IS300.

That JIC header post a little while ago, was a Turbo manifold and not a header at all.
Who ever told you that doesn't have his info straight.... http://www.i-m-racing.com/jicmaststhei.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
HP Header

besides by the time you get other sims working right, you'll save little if any money.
I'm a dealer for HP and their new Lexus header comes with the O2 Sim also and it is a simple four wire hookup. I didn't know that the source came from Toyomoto but I did know HP was making them for other companies. HP has dramatically dropped their prices on the header for the new year so I guess it will help with other prices as well. Competion is the name of the game after all.
Erin

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Re: HP Header

CID said:
besides by the time you get other sims working right, you'll save little if any money.
I'm a dealer for HP and their new Lexus header comes with the O2 Sim also and it is a simple four wire hookup. I didn't know that the source came from Toyomoto but I did know HP was making them for other companies. HP has dramatically dropped their prices on the header for the new year so I guess it will help with other prices as well. Competion is the name of the game after all.
Erin
its not NEW, Toyomoto has sold it for 2 years now.... :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
NEW HP header

HP has just released it in their line with in the last few months. They where waiting to get their version of the O2 simulator straightened out. Everything is up and running now.
Erin

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Re: NEW HP header

CID said:
HP has just released it in their line with in the last few months. They where waiting to get their version of the O2 simulator straightened out. Everything is up and running now.
Erin
yeah, they copied Toyomoto's O2 sim that they have been using for 2 years.....duh..... :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Toyo

yeah, they copied Toyomoto's O2 sim that they have been using for 2 years.....duh.....
Probably so. HP just has deeper pockets for production. I guess this is why Toyo took the design to them. He should have patented it. HP just dropped the price on theirs to a little over $300 so I guess the others will have to follow. But like I said, competion is the name of the game.
Erin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts