Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Because us Brits drive on the other side of the road, none of the performance LHD headers will fit the IS300 due to an obstruction from the steering column.

In conjunction with Prolex UK Ltd, we have just designed and fitted the first decatted headers and race pipe to a RHD IS300. These are also equal length pipes.

The car is still being dyno'd, but I am pleased to announce that the Prolex system showed an additional 15 RWBHP over the stock parts. Will post a copy of the dyno chart over the next couple of days once she's all finished.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
congrats!

jw. cant u guys used the JDM headers then?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a pic of the header before being heat wrapped - had to wrap it as it is very close to some hoses on the RHD. Shame, it turned a beautiful golden colour....

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Freaking sweet dude.
Would that fit on a LHD is300?
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
any pics of it off the motor. I am interested in seeing how the bends turn out at the collectors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry chaps, don't have any piccies with the plumbing off the motor....this mod is a real first for us here in the UK (where the IS300 is as rare as rocking horse shit)....

.....We have plans for a stage 1 conversion that will leave M3's sucking dust

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
do tell do tell. I have a fw things that I am trying with a friend here, the only two pieces of the puzzle that I don't have is E-manage Ultimate, and Nitrous. But the Gas is a last resort.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
62betty said:
Wow...I find that statement hard to believe. e36 or e46 M3? N/A???

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Jolly good show man. Real nice pics. +rep to you.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
62betty said:
You're going to get signifigantly more than 333 bhp ("sucking dust") from the GE engine, NA?

Or are M3's over there a lot slower?

Do, tell.

And lmao @ rocking horse shit. :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are the dyno results before & after:

Before: Included the Blue Flame cat-back and K&N Typhoon - 176.0 RWBHP & 178.0 lb/ft RWTRQ

After: the above, plus the decatted equal length manifold and race pipe. 194.9 RWBHP & 194.7 lb/ft RWTRQ

The difference driving her is amazing - the power is available there right through the RPM range. At low cruising speed there is very little noise but when the pedal hits the metal it's like all hell is breaking loose......truly awesome!

I'll be posting some more pictures of the pipework off the car later. Prolex UK Ltd are hoping to be able to supply this system through a USW distributor in the coming months, costs to be confirmed.

·
3,369 Posts
I live in a land of RHD also and this is incredible news! About bloody time too! So how do I go about getting one?

P.S. Have some +rep! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dasgalloway said:
You're going to get signifigantly more than 333 bhp ("sucking dust") from the GE engine, NA?

Or are M3's over there a lot slower?

Do, tell.

And lmao @ rocking horse shit. :p
Das - the stock UK spec M3 puts out 348 BHP at the flywheel. We won't get anywhere near this , NA, but is well within the range of a stage 1 conversion ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
62betty said:
Das - the stock UK spec M3 puts out 348 BHP at the flywheel. We won't get anywhere near this , NA, but is well within the range of a stage 1 conversion ;)
Stage 1 FI conversion, I suppose...

Awesome results, BTW!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
that is the only way....

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
62betty said:

So by stage 1 conversion you mean some sort of boost.

Gotcha.

Just so everyone is clear... this isn't some sort of magical header thatwill make your car as fast as an M3.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Great news!

i have been waiting for the pics & am glad to know Dave has you posting these up.:)

& i too cracked up at the Rocking horse shit reference... hahaha!!!!

we hope to have more news & pics to post soon!!

Damn i was hoping this header would allow me to dump my SC & STILL spank M3's

;)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts