Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 馃槑
Discussion Starter #1
So I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this for 2 reasons. One, because I bought eBay headers. Two, because this topic has been covered a lot. I've searched far and wide and can't find the thread about the dorman HELP! sparkplug de-foulers/cel fixer. What's the thread pitch for our oxygen sensors? Could I order the sensor spacer that has a little bit of catalytic material inside of it (also known as a mini-cat)? Would it work? Just exploring my options here...

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Are you trying to eliminate cat codes? Spacers could work by taking the rear O2 out of the exhaust stream. O2 simulators would work better.
I know sims would work better, but I'm just after the cheap solutions now though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Most are this from what i have seen, cant imagine Toyota/Lexus would have gone for something different. I just threw my old out the other week or else i would have measured it for you ;)
Ah, no worries. I appreciate the offer though :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
18mm x 1.5 if memory serves me.
Thank you Solar! This is awesome! According to Poor Man Mods, he has the spacer with the mini cats, and they work great. I'm going to get 1 straight spacer for B1S2 and 90 degree spacer for B2S2 (both have mini cats) theoretically, would that work? I think it would, but I would like to see other's opinions

Thank you Solar! This is awesome! According to Poor Man Mods, he has the spacer with the mini cats, and they work great. I'm going to get 1 straight spacer for B1S2 and 90 degree spacer for B2S2 (both have mini cats) theoretically, would that work? I think it would, but I would like to see other's opinions
It does not always work. Plus the O2 sensor must be working and in place. The full sim. Gets ride of the need for the sensors and functions better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
It does not always work. Plus the O2 sensor must be working and in place. The full sim. Gets ride of the need for the sensors and functions better.
Okay, I'll go ahead and order both the sims and the spacers. I'll update when I pass emissions, then install them

Registered
bruh 馃槀 Thanks lol. Good to know I'm not an outcast for buying an ebay header lol
It's pretty popular, but the key thing is the gasket when it meets up with the y pipe, there's one by a company that makes one if you use the stock y pipe

I installed it, and it helped clear up the exhaust leak that you may find with the headers

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
It's pretty popular, but the key thing is the gasket when it meets up with the y pipe, there's one by a company that makes one if you use the stock y pipe

I installed it, and it helped clear up the exhaust leak that you may find with the headers
Thanks for the tip! I was going to use one that came with the y pipe plus some red RTV (worked on my catback) but I'll pick that one up. Thanks! Also, thank god there's a summit like 30 minutes away, and I don't have to go out of state lol

Registered
Thanks for the tip! I was going to use one that came with the y pipe plus some red RTV (worked on my catback) but I'll pick that one up. Thanks! Also, thank god there's a summit like 30 minutes away, and I don't have to go out of state lol
I can't tell you how much hassle I've just saved you, I tried a ton of RTV style gaskets and they all melted because of the exhaust temps lol. You're also super fortunate to be close to a summit, i'd love to be near one myself

1 - 18 of 18 Posts