Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my plan was to get the Toyomoto header but after reading that it replaces all 3 cats will make it impossilbe for me to pass emissions so..

Am I correct in saying "The Xerd Racepipe only removes/replaces the 3rd Cat"? Thus making it very possible to pass?

Any opinions or options would be great help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
yeah the header w/ race pipe would make it impossible to pass smog
header gets rid of 3cc and race pipe gets rid of 1cc

if you are worried about smog then dont bother w/ either because even to say you passed smog through the computer test w/ the race-pipe you would fail the sight inspection test or whatever you call it.

if i were you i would get the race pipe and/or header then when smog comes take it off and swap it w/ the stock stuff.

·
Registered
769 Posts
You should only fail emissions with the simulators if the put a probe in your tailpipe. Otherwise, the simulators lie to the ecu and the odbII stuff thinks everything is fine (they should be plugging into the odbII port). Here in VA, they stick that probe in the tailpipe, so neither of those options would work. You might want to see what's involved in getting your emissions test and make your decision based on that. If they use the probe, you will need to swap back to your stock stuff for the test, so you might as well get the header/race pipe combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.